project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-05-01, 11:53   #1
lCraftyl
Default Unique Sprint Animations for Germans to help identify friend/foe

As of right now, the WW2 models look too similar, their like almost the same shape and when the lighting hits them right on some of the darker maps, they both look almost identical. Every Squad I was in has complained about it so far.

I'm not sure the limitations you have with the engine but..

I think you guys should add unique sprinting animations for the Germans to make it easier to identify targets that are further away.

Red Orchestra 2 for instance, had unique sprinting animations for the Germans to only look more authentic, it was a design choice so players could identify each other easier from a distance. (I also believe it was done for this reason in Post Scriptum as well)

Again, this would be more authentic, the Germans were trained to hold their guns to their side and sprint.

You could also use this new sprint animation as in investment for other factions with similar looking outfits. Like if you had 2 militia forces, you could have one that had a unique sprinting animation versus the other.
Last edited by lCraftyl; 2020-05-01 at 20:37..
Old 2020-05-06, 00:21   #2
CptHrki
Default Re: Unique Sprint Animations for Germans to identify friend/foe

Don't know how much effort this would take, but good idea. At least make the 3P animations different, 1P can come later.
CptHrki is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 00:43   #3
Rabbit

Cant recall if it was first person only but before beta the germans would run with the mauser in one hand.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 05:31   #4
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Cant recall if it was first person only but before beta the germans would run with the mauser in one hand.
Thats FH2

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 11:13   #5
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
Thats FH2
No, we had it too. I remember it being on our team forums.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 14:16   #6
lCraftyl

Thanks for the response guys.

(Sorry about the duplicate thread, meant to move this over to WW2 discussion because I didn't realize the WW2 stuff had it's own thing. Just couldn't figure out how to delete this one XD)

But yeah, I'm just talking about the third person Sprinting Animations. Again, don't know how limited you guys are with what you can do with the engine but I definitely think the community would appreciate it once they saw the difference.

Also, like I said, if you have 2 very similar looking factions in another era, like two militia factions "going at it", you can utilize the same technique.
lCraftyl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-23, 16:17   #7
lao

Yes, it would be very cool to have this back!
lao is offline Reply With Quote