project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Tasks
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Tasks Want to help? Find tasks needing to be completed here.

Old 2016-05-11, 22:06   #51
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Falklands Community Tasks

It isn't so much about "high poly models", its about them being optimized. Fine to have the high poly detail (providing it isn't insane) since as rPoXoTauJIo said, you can cut it down/out in the LODs but the main model needs to be optimized, so tris aren't wasted to begin with.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 08:35   #52
anantdeathhawk

I understand, that some parts of the model would require increased poly count to give detail, and some parts would be good even in low poly count and what least of poly count would give the best result for some parts wouldn't necessarily be good for the others.
anantdeathhawk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 17:32   #53
anantdeathhawk

References for Carl gustav,M67 recoilless rifle and 1968 recoilless gun, please.
Old 2016-07-24, 22:24   #54
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantdeathhawk View Post
References for Carl gustav,M67 recoilless rifle and 1968 recoilless gun, please.
I appreciate your enthusiasm but taking all those tasks, on top of what your already working on is really not in anyone's best interest.

I would advise you to first focus on finishing the Super Etendard, although I know your waiting on feedback etc from me, will hopefully be able to give you some later this week, and then once that's complete, move on to a new task.

As for refs, I don't have many refs of either of them if you really do want to go ahead with them, but you can google for some yourself if need be, but I would still suggest focus on finishing your current projects, rather than starting new ones, although the Carl Gustav is much higher priority than the FN-6, since the PLA do use a copy of the SA-7, but would be nice to have

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 15:43   #55
anantdeathhawk

Untill you give me the feed,i could do some work on the Carl gustav,but the description said M2 and M3 versions,so can i model the different versions in the same scene with all the different rounds?
and yes FN-6 can wait, also in the past few weeks, i have learnt to do UV mapping.
Old 2018-09-22, 08:35   #56
Chaziz
PR Server License Moderator

Hello everyone, i know the Skyraider is a placeholder for the FMA IA 58 Pucará and my question is. Can this one be considered another task?

Here is Wikipedia description and history (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FMA_IA_58_Pucar%C3%A1)

Here is a 3D Model for sale to give you an idea (https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models...-model-1193032)

Last edited by Chaziz; 2018-09-22 at 08:44..
Old 2020-10-19, 18:19   #57
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Talking Re: Falklands Community Tasks

Updated the Orignal Post with the Super Etendard Cockpit Texturing Task for anyone who might be interested in making them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Super Etendard Cockpit Textures
Priority: High

Development Topic: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho....php?p=2207036
French Naval Attack Jet used by the Argentine Navy during the Falklands War that carriers the AM-39 Exocet Anti-Ship Missile which is the main threat to the new Type 21 Frigate & the Atlantic Conveyor which have little defence against it. Ingame it will also be armed with two R.550 Magic Short Range Air to Air Missiles primarily for defence against other aircraft, with possibly more armament load-outs for other scenarios.

The model is complete, with partial export/coding (missing LODs, cols and full coding) and the 3rd person textures are partially done (if anyone wants to finish them off let me know).

The main thing missing (that no one is working on as of yet), is the 1st Person Cockpit Textures so this task is open to anyone in the community willing to give it a shot.

The Cockpit has been fully modelled, UVed and got AOs baked for it (AOs may still require a little tweaking/cleaning).

It requires full Diffuse, Specular and Normal textures in 2048x2048 (may be later downscaled to 1024 but unlikley) with refrences provided, including a full online manual (in French) which the base textures for the instruments and other items could be lifted directly from:
Spoiler for Ref Sample:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaziz View Post
Hello everyone, i know the Skyraider is a placeholder for the FMA IA 58 Pucará and my question is. Can this one be considered another task?
It is already a task, although it's on the "removed" list as it's a very large task that's also low priority as it would just be replacing the Skyraider in the same role. But if someone is willing to make it we would very much like to have it, but there are more imporant things to be made for PR first.

Last edited by Rhino; 2020-10-19 at 18:43..

Tags
community, falklands, prf, tasks