project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-12-17, 16:19   #1
WingWalker
Default Adak U.S. Kits

I am thinking the equipment the U.S. has on Adak is too advanced for that base.

I would think they would be equipped with the cheapest left over rifles there are?

The ACOG is nice, but I'm thinking they would have older rifles with iron sights. Could not really find any pictures showing rifles on Adak though.

Maybe if a balance issue comes up the U.S. kits should be changed. (I hate saying that)
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-18, 03:45   #2
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Adak U.S. Kits

Not sure how likely it'd be that the US would leave a fully stocked armoury at an abandoned military base. But either way in our hypothetical WW3 scenario where the US and China fight over an abandoned naval air station we have decided the US should indeed bring their own weapons. We can look again later if needed for balance reasons but it seems ok for now though.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-18, 15:46   #3
Rabbit

Is that the "official" backstory? 25th airborne as a unit in Alaska that would react very quickly to that location so decent assets make sense.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-18, 16:31   #4
steve.laraia

I'm like 90% sure A Quick Reaction Force in a WW3 scenario would arrive with their own weapons
steve.laraia is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-18, 18:53   #5
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.laraia View Post
I'm like 90% sure A Quick Reaction Force in a WW3 scenario would arrive with their own weapons
They would, and while 25th airborne isnt listed as a rapid deployment force I imagine to such a close location they would still be there in under 18 hours.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-18, 19:02   #6
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I kind of expected this to be about Adak insurgency with China having to fight a well regulated militia.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-18, 19:47   #7
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
I kind of expected this to be about Adak insurgency with China having to fight a well regulated militia.
So the national guard? Still adequate equipment unless florida NG. Unless that is a joke about the second amendment to which I refer you to the precedent set by the supreme court in DC v heller.
Last edited by Rabbit; 2020-12-19 at 00:21..
Old 2020-12-23, 00:37   #8
WingWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
That would be an interesting faction to create.

But a map would have to be made for some U.S. mainland city or town. Adak would be too isolated for an American INS scenario.

I only say that the U.S. side on here is over equipped is because Adak would have units from the U.S. Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, U.S.M.C. Reserves, or Army Reserves, and I think mostly aviation units, or for training.

None of these would be equipped like active duty Army or active duty Marine units.

So most special things like HAT or Snipers wouldn't even be on the island.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-23, 03:44   #9
M42 Zwilling
Retired PR Developer

Not necessarily. If there's any National Guard around, they have plenty of ACOGs and CCOs, and their combat arms units have AT and snipers same as active duty.

"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
M42 Zwilling is offline Reply With Quote