project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2021-01-02, 05:52   #1
WingWalker
Default Too much Balance Replaces Epic'ness

Just wanted to know what others thought.

It seems a lot of AAS maps get bogged down in just one fighting area, and that becomes the whole map. Like a 4k map gets reduced to 1k'ish.

That could be a factor of teams, but I think a lot is also a factor of mechanics of the situation like number of spawn points and assets. Like no-one pushes on much unless the other team is really bad.

Just a few examples, Adak becomes just a fight over the docks, and Kashan just over one of the bunkers.

There were several other maps I played today that seem to just get stuck fighting over 1 flag.

Something like Muttrah, a lot of the time, the fighting goes all the way in one direction or the other.

I seem to remember epic fights in the past, where multiple areas of a map would have these epic encounters, in different areas, and each encounter was a whole big experience by itself.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-02, 09:20   #2
transpilot
Banned
Default Re: Too much Balance Replaces Epic'ness

Once a team loses those easy to defend positions you mentioned (bunkers, docks,...) they will get rolled in the open. Thats why you dont see much fighting in the open
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-03, 20:18   #3
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Yes, too much balance bad. Please give US on Muttrah more Cobras, 3 more should be enough.
Maybe add 2 Tanks as well. This will be a lot more fun now.

Definitely more fun than close and balanced games that everyone seems to [s]love[/s] hate.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 00:27   #4
WingWalker

I think the issue has more to do with the way the flag system is set up.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 16:43   #5
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
I think the issue has more to do with the way the flag system is set up.
And that is?

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 18:10   #6
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Yeah I have no idea what the complaint is about haha "It's too balanced so that my team can't make epic combined arms assaults with all of our assets alive on the last weakly defended flag of the other team."

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-06, 03:45   #7
BRZbruh

You know when people start to complain about maps being balanced this game deserves to meet its end.
BRZbruh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-06, 06:02   #8
Iguanadjy

Seriously guys it’s much more fun to roll the opposite team and finish a round in 20 min I like to see the ennemy spamming the chat for balance and rage quit or switch to the winning team....if I finish a round with less than 350 tickets to 0 I feel my team has failed in a way... I want at least 20 players with double digits Kill counts and camping the last fob of the ennemy is my greatest archievement I like to feel superior with my clan mates and my stacked team! (Sarcasm intended)

.... NO COMMENTS. This conplain is scary...
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-12, 14:11   #9
rogdozz

Balance is alright.
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote