project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Official PR Tournament News
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Official PR Tournament News Official Project Reality Tournament news releases and announcements.

Old 2016-09-17, 18:02   #41
Michael_Denmark

Default Re: The History of the PRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Onil View Post
You're still simplifying it quite a bit.
Well, I am asking for nominal data, so yes, there is simplification involved.

Quote:
Everything is relative to free time, experience, confidence, game-play changes, etc.
It is, but that is not an argument for not wanting to attempt to create at least an nominal overview.

Quote:
Fact is that there is lack of CO's in PR, period. And the game has changed quite a bit through out the last couple of years, including the CO features and over-all involvement in howt he team is led.
The game has changed continuously since 2005, including the commander part of it. However, the principles of pr commander gaming, has not changed.

Quote:
Fact is that there is lack of CO's in PR, period
Yes, but there are reasons for it. Which is why we need at least a nominal overview, now after 1 decade and squad coming up too.

Take my own experience in C5 and partly C6, where I encouraged at least one unit leader to try out the commander function later on. A player who wanted to quit the tournament but whom I convinced to stay. Took me a few months and several encouragements before this player finally decided to apply as CO the next campaign, where he in fact got a command.

Inspiration can be decisively important when we talk about this tiny minority of pr co players. Because the sheer workload can be too overwhelming, so some people not believing in them selfs, has to be encouraged several times.

The nominal overview, simplified as it will be, is still a useful platform, compared to a statement as the one you deployed in your reply:

Quote:
Fact is that there is lack of CO's in PR, period.
With the nominal overview, we get an opportunity to ask questions based on data. Using your approach we have no data to create questions from.

Thank you again Onil, for taking your time, I know it is time and energy consuming being an administrator.
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 23:09   #42
Onil
PR Tournament Management

A better question would be "what's the point of going to the trouble of gathering all that info about how players become CO's when there's no admin team to maintain the tournament?"

I'm way less worried about in-game commanders than I am about having proper admins and SCO's. Because for C10 the role of a SCO became something completely different from what it was in previous campaigns. Responsibilities are now well distributed and defined.

As I said, we do get a few CO applications but SCO applications are way more rare. And Admin applications too.

In terms of training new CO's, Webcole has also been looking into it, but one major factor is that the guys that could be pushed to do it and would be capable CO's won't accept it anymore as they think that PR is drawing its last breath. And the PRT is a zombie right now, coming back after 3 years in the ground and eating a few brains of the few addicted PR players who're still dedicated enough to spend a gigantic amount of their free time on a tournament. Eventually there will be no more brains to eat and the PRT will starve. That's already quite noticeable in every campaign, from it's middle until its end.
Onil is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 02:30   #43
Vicious3o2

this has changed so much
Vicious3o2 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, history, prt, ribbons