project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2016-06-11, 12:14   #1
pierrefv
Question Changing weapon performance/God mode.

Hi Community
I have recently discovered this wonderful mod and am delighted about it!
I however am strictly a single player adherent and play to relax, to do so I generally modify my game to suit my style and would prefer to do so to this game as well.
After that lengthy rasionalisation let me broach the subject of this post an let me apologise to all the purists in advance.
What do I need to do to modify weapon behavior and modify actor damage to suit my style of play, are there any trainers available for this game or is that taboo?
Any responses to these questions will be greatly appreciated
pierrefv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 12:46   #2
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Changing weapon performance/God mode.

For personal use game is quite open.
Just look at archives in content folder, and lurk through it's resources.
Change a line or two in files there, check what it does ingame, welcome to modding.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 15:19   #3
pierrefv
Thumbs up Re: Changing weapon performance/God mode.

Hi rPoXoTauJIo
Thank you very much for the response. Could you be so kind as to inform of a method for quickly checking my posts as the method I used to retrieve your reply was very cumbersome.
Thank You
pierrefv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 17:31   #4
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

I guess "Subscribe to this Thread" should do the trick

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Old 2020-12-06, 09:51   #5
Vlvpsh
Question Re: Changing weapon performance/God mode.

Dear Community,

Im sorry for reviving this old thread. Im a singleplayer gamer too, and i really apreciate PR and how it implenets realism.

I would like to know if there is any possibility to edit "on fly" my palyer's and/or vehicle health without editing files (it might cause unstability, and most of the time this parameters editing applys to all faction instead of one ctrolled solider by player).

Maybe there is a console command like "Tobias Karlson" as it was in BF Vietnam to get unlimited health. Maybe there is a scripter here who can create a CheatEngine Table with this fucntion ?

I know i have to "GetGut" but i really play only single player (coop with my younger brother sometimes) so i prefer just to Roleplay (yes, with bots, no i don't have schizophrenia, i hope) realism but relax at same time without thinking that i might die any second.

Thnak You.
Old 2020-12-06, 15:40   #6
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlvpsh View Post
I would like to know if there is any possibility to edit "on fly" my palyer's and/or vehicle health without editing files (it might cause unstability, and most of the time this parameters editing applys to all faction instead of one ctrolled solider by player).
That's actually what i've been using for tweaking jets
https://github.com/rPoXoTauJIo/objmodv2
python + activeSafe is main trick

Old 2020-12-06, 16:12   #7
Vlvpsh
Question Re: Changing weapon performance/God mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPoXoTauJIo View Post
That's actually what i've been using for tweaking jets
https://github.com/rPoXoTauJIo/objmodv2
python + activeSafe is main trick
Well im not a programer myslef, so im not sure what should i tweak (or how) to increase only palyers armor/health.

I took a look and noticed that you stated:
This module initially only were intended to change wings lift values, and their offsets. Its confirmed than it wont change anything regarding visual part, f.e. .maxRotation on visible RotationalBundle.
In PR mod i have only non-visible networkable wings affecting flight physics so it didn't bother me, but for other mods like fh2 or aix2 it may matter.
Test other commands on your own.

If there is a possibility to do so, at least a little tutoriual would help.

Thank You anyway for providing such tool.
Old 2021-02-27, 18:44   #8
Vlvpsh

hello sirs, sorry for reviving this thread again.

i don't know where to post it, so ill ask here

Is there any possibility to turn on Godmod/Invincibility cheat or turn off damage for player ?
I tried "rcon health" and then used CheatEngine to find and lock the helth points but it doesn't work
(helth value does change from any up to 100 but locking it doen't save from any damage and death).

I know that i can change the Armor value for each class in "server" folder,
but this will provide the same ammount of armor points for all units in my team (or enemy team if ill switch sides)
so like all medics or grunts will be invincible - so its not what im looking for

I only play offline with bots.
Please don't be offencive for my gaming style tastes.
I like PR for all that it can offer but i really don't like to play with anyone else online.

Awaiting for soonest reply. Thank you.

Tags
changing, mode, performance or god, weapon