project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2021-02-04, 01:32   #1
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Default Civi timer

I'm sure there is an older thread on civis somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Can we decrease the civi timer by 30 seconds? So few people play civis these days that this would just improve the quality of life for those of us that do, while maybe attracting other people to play as civ, but not making it so short that it becomes unbalanced.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-04, 01:40   #2
Vicious3o2
Default Re: Civi timer

I was thinking about this the other night. There's so few caches, some only have 3 or 4 caches that intel becomes a non-issue about 45 minutes in. Someone the other night said vehicles count as intel which was news to me. Maybe something added when the civi cars were added?

I had an idea for civilian "houses". Basically unless there's an enemy in the area, if you hit an area with anything at all above maybe a couple random shots you get hit with ROE. I never thought civilian vehicles were possible until they added the cars, than I've thought about this a few times and never followed through with posting it. Basically invisible civilian vehicles as 3d walls or invisible supply crates or something.
Vicious3o2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-04, 21:09   #3
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

That would add a very interesting dynamic. I'm not sure how to do it in a fair way that wouldn't discourage people from playing INS altogether. But I don't think the current way of BLUFOR being able to shoot blindly at anything that moves reflects the way the devs want people to play INS mode. They implemented an entire civi mechanic so BLUFOR would behave with more trigger discipline, which as of now only applies to rare instances of people playing as civilians.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
Old 2021-02-06, 00:20   #4
WingWalker

Martyr as civi is fun.

I don't know why, there is nothing to show for it.

Martyrs should get some type of score that is unique to them.

I think someone going civi to martyr doesn't care much about the score, but in the end it would be nice to be able to show some level of success to the team when your efforts are actually more demanding in a real way than normal INF, like actual metal patients and tactical trickery to carry out the thankless mission.

Since score really doesn't matter much, I personally think the successful civi martyr should get 100 points for every -100 team work points they trick the enemy into taking.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 02:31   #5
Vicious3o2

Could also add physical things that are "intel" for blufor to find and destroy with a melee that would add an AAS feel to INS.
Vicious3o2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-07, 17:45   #6
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

I don't know if that's the solution either, because it would allow blufor to gain intel without really engaging in battle and force INS to defend other things if they care about keeping unknown caches unknown. But with how most people play INS right now, they probably wouldn't care either way. I agree giving civis more points on the scoreboard would help, but also if civis get martyred, they should have a 5 second spawn. A 30 second spawn for going out and cleverly getting purposely killed to help the team? Idk.

Old 2021-04-02, 16:04   #7
WingWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
There's so few caches, some only have 3 or 4 caches that intel becomes a non-issue about 45 minutes in
I agree with that too.

The intel really takes no effort at all to get.

It would be interesting if the other side actually had to work for it.

Maybe put a time limit on caches, simulating INS moving a known cache. Like blufor has 20/30mins to get the known. That might put an interesting pep in their step, instead of a bunch of roaming around doing other stuff.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote