project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-11-04, 17:24   #31
vonLidl
Default Re: Medic Dragging Function

Prone dragging would be good to have. Sometimes the old resuscitate was safer to use than to unstick with the dragging and exposing yourself. Slowing the prone drag would be ncie but that may be out of limit to implement

No, it works really good the way it is. My suggestion would be: if it's not in game yet, could maybe "unarmed" people drag bodies? That way you could drop your kit, drag a body, then equip your kit again. This idea sounds very balanced because you cant use weapons or run away because you need your old kit back again.
vonLidl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-04, 20:18   #32
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

We also want to do prone dragging, its very useful in trenches. Just need someone to do animations for it.
Still thinking about unarmed dragging + crate dragging.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-18, 02:02   #33
lao
Lightbulb Re: Medic Dragging Function

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
Weapon slot is required for animations (and disabling a weapon).

Biggest issue is we cannot control the animation if it does not have a dedicated weapon slot, and we cannot prevent the animation from playing when there's no body to drag (That's why we force switch weapon).

Thinking of dragging while prone (or even standing for extra speed, costing stamina).
One could go the "ins sapper" way, and have the "dragging weapon" on slot 9.
lao is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-18, 02:05   #34
lao

Quote:
We also want to do prone dragging, its very useful in trenches. Just need someone to do animations for it.
Sounds like a good idea! Crate dragging would be sick
lao is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 12:13   #35
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Get somebody geared up properly according to this Marine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOn4awyCNZk

Remove all the rattle from the gear with duct tape etc.. Then record sounds of dragging pure Cordura plate carrier/pouches with gear in it.. I would like to know when somebody i killed is being dragged away because i look at dude just killed on corner then next he is gone. I should hear something heavy sliding
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 16:15   #36
Iguanadjy

Big bump needed! Is the prone dragging coming anytime soon? And the crate dragging would be awesome small crates more fast big crates slow and cost lot of stamina
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 16:34   #37
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Get somebody geared up properly according to this Marine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOn4awyCNZk

Remove all the rattle from the gear with duct tape etc.. Then record sounds of dragging pure Cordura plate carrier/pouches with gear in it.. I would like to know when somebody i killed is being dragged away because i look at dude just killed on corner then next he is gone. I should hear something heavy sliding
That is a very cool idea, if it's possible!

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote