project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2021-10-21, 04:12   #1
dcm
Default Small caliber weapons need to be able to open locked doors and gates

Please for the love of god, do you know how annoying it is being stuck in a dead end corridor without the ability to blow open doors and gates? I got stuck on kokan for almost twenty minutes trying to jump my way out of a compound because my M4 couldn't blow the locks off. I wasted like three mags on a single doorknob trying to get it to budge. Russian breacher has it the worst. He gets no shotgun and needs to waste a c4 charge to blow open a door. A c4 charge is valuable and takes far too long to prep.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-21, 12:18   #2
Coalz101
Default Re: Small caliber weapons need to be able to open locked doors and gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
Please for the love of god, do you know how annoying it is being stuck in a dead end corridor without the ability to blow open doors and gates? I got stuck on kokan for almost twenty minutes trying to jump my way out of a compound because my M4 couldn't blow the locks off. I wasted like three mags on a single doorknob trying to get it to budge. Russian breacher has it the worst. He gets no shotgun and needs to waste a c4 charge to blow open a door. A c4 charge is valuable and takes far too long to prep.
If all guns could open doors, then why would we need a breacher other than for placing c4 on fobs? We can kill crates with grenades, we can blast doors with m4s, why would I next the shotgun anymore?

You have to understand that some features are in the game as a nerf, adding more value to a specific role. Just like medics are the only 1s capable of reviving someone adding value to that roll, I'm also pretty sure I've openned doors with Russian AK before, maybe due to the ability of having full auto so I can chew away at one spot on the door. However, I can't remember any case where I've openned chained gates with the Russian ak though.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-21, 18:18   #3
dcm
Default Re: Small caliber weapons need to be able to open locked doors and gates

Then why can all 7.62 weapons open doors then? Including the pistol. The russian breacher can not open doors or gates with his primary weapon at all. There are places where you just cant rope into. You have to blow the door and c4 charges are valuable and precious. The breacher's role will not be diminished if intermediate caliber weapons will be able to open locked gates and doors. His burden shall be lightened. The breacher will always be a valuable asset to any squad that requires his services. No other kit has the flexibility that the breacher does. However there are times when a breacher not necessitated or required.

I can give you an example; On Shahadah there is this boarded up building with locked gates in the windows, the doors and rooftop access. My sniper squad leader needed access to this building asap. But neither I nor our medic had the appropriate caliber weapon to enter the building forcefully. Our squad was a 3-man squad, so no breacher available, and combat engineer would be a wholly inappropriate choice for said mission. Yes he would be able to blow the doors, but combat engy was vital somewhere else for another mission. My sniper had to blow the door himself with valuable precious sniper ammo. Depleting over half his ammo reserve to blow a single locked gate. When we got inside he depleted the rest of his ammo to blow a second locked gate. We had to rtb for ammo for the sniper. By then the advantage had shifted towards the insurgents and we lost our momentum.
Old 2021-10-21, 21:07   #4
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Then why can all 7.62 weapons open doors then?
Maybe because INS team need to open doors, while having some advantage compared to conventional force.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-22, 14:16   #5
rogdozz

Please no. This is a non-issue, I can count on one hand the amount of times where I actually got trapped somewhere because my gun couldn't open a door.
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-22, 22:45   #6
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogdozz View Post
Please no. This is a non-issue, I can count on one hand the amount of times where I actually got trapped somewhere because my gun couldn't open a door.
It's not just about getting stuck. Its about flow of gameplay.

Btw would it be possible to repair doors and gates with combat engy kit?
Old 2021-10-24, 22:23   #7
WingWalker

Quote:
I got stuck on kokan for almost twenty minutes
You could of suicided out and walked from one side of Kokan to the other side, in less time.

Your suggestion would create more unbalancing issues, while only solving your one rare occurrence of getting stuck with no team mates wanting to help you, and you not wanting to suicide out.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-26, 02:39   #8
dcm

It's not just a single isolated incident. It is a series of semi-common and easily repeatable incidents.

This happened to me a few days ago on lashkar. My squad was infiling by chopper and our squad lead and breacher were still in the chopper when it got spg'ed. We had no way to get into a nearby compound to save ourselves from the wrath of the techie gunner. Save for rockets that we had no time to set up and use properly at such short distance. My LAT missed the techie coming towards us and he got us all, who were hugging the wall. If we had the ability to open the doors and gates the round may have ended differently.
Old 2021-10-26, 11:04   #9
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
If we had the ability to open the doors and gates the round may have ended differently.
And you did. Losing breacher as part of action is one big part of game. Specially as result of bad helicopter infiltrations.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-26, 13:15   #10
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Everything is working as intended.

Don't get stuck, step-squadmate.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote