project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2021-10-31, 10:49   #1
dcm
Default Field repairs for unconventional factions

Factions such as the Insurgents, Taliban and Hamas; are unable to repair vehicles in the field. These factions do not have access to logistics truck and thus are unable to do field repairs for their vehicles. Except, if they have access to a combat engineer kit. Which is a rare occurrence. I am well aware that the aforementioned factions, primarily use civilian vehicles, and can return to main base to initiate repairs. But sometimes that is not an option. I believe that there should be some method of field repair, available to those factions, that does not require a specialized kit.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-31, 17:37   #2
InfantryGamer42
Default Re: Field repairs for unconventional factions

All those factions do not have logistical support in any important way. Leaving them whiteout field repair represents that.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-31, 18:01   #3
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
Factions such as the Insurgents, Taliban and Hamas; are unable to repair vehicles in the field.
The aforementioned factions have no need for this, as they don't have any heavy assets. Syrian Rebels on the other hand desperately NEEDS a repair station on Sbeneh. (Haven't played in a while so I doubt it changed)
Last edited by Coalz101; 2021-10-31 at 18:08..
Old 2021-10-31, 23:57   #4
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: Field repairs for unconventional factions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
Factions such as the Insurgents, Taliban and Hamas; are unable to repair vehicles in the field. These factions do not have access to logistics truck and thus are unable to do field repairs for their vehicles. Except, if they have access to a combat engineer kit. Which is a rare occurrence. I am well aware that the aforementioned factions, primarily use civilian vehicles, and can return to main base to initiate repairs. But sometimes that is not an option. I believe that there should be some method of field repair, available to those factions, that does not require a specialized kit.
Agreed... Thank you for bringing this up. As according to the asset list for each team and knowing what each asset has, like logistic truck having repairs. Then infantry having medic, it is obvious that the repair station is in fact the tanks medic or any armor piece. IF we have learned anything from Omaha Beach it is that more of everything is harder to kill. Whether it be boats or tanks mixed with APC and infantry, more of everything harder to kill and more security.

In the future, hopefully we have modern beach invasion maps like Omaha's frontal assault layout but with USMC using AAV/LAV landing craft. It would be constant firing into the jungle coast lines. We need every faction to have an APC capable of repairs, USMC needs an amphibious one and probably has an IRL counterpart.

I would like to know the possibilities of having a rollover/carcass recovery system using hydraulic winch with rope. Maybe have way to grab it and connect it to another APC.. Or maybe, since vehicles like to flip so easily on some terrain, give the physics some tilt, get the main cannon hull to NOT sink into the ground. So we can recover flipped vehicles SOMEWAY.. Please and thank you.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-01, 00:01   #5
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
The aforementioned factions have no need for this, as they don't have any heavy assets. Syrian Rebels on the other hand desperately NEEDS a repair station on Sbeneh. (Haven't played in a while so I doubt it changed)
ARF on Sahel has tanks.. We need a field mechanic tool vehicle for all vehicles with all factions. Conventional factions and ones known to use stolen/salvaged armor should get APC repairs..
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote