project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-08-29, 23:40   #1
Brotherscompany
Default Hardest map to be SQL

Helho everyone. Today l just wanted to get you guys opinions about this topic and have a little discussion

Today l was SQLing in Gaza and that round was a really though one we end up loosing only taking out 1 cache, that round gave me the ideia for this discussion. So l am not a person that usually SQLs but l think l can get the job done.

In my opinion the most difficult map to be SQL is Gaza as the IDF, personally every time l saw that map l swear to myself l wont be doing SQL
The CQB combat is hell and its extremelly hard to be able control your surrounding, there are far to many angles and rooftops from which you can get shot from.
lts also hard to mantain a stable FOB if HAMAS are able to close in them making you forced to change your aproach.
Other aspect is also the random factor of your Squad members - they can simply die or if they have too much free will, they will get themself killed and decreasse your SQ effectiviness making yourself in a really tough situation

Another map that really comes close to it its defenilly Grozny inside the city but l consider Gaza a lot more chaotic.

Let me hear what you guys think especially the guys that do it all the time and are able to get a clear grasp in the entire SQ as l sometimes strugle to get my SQ moving cohesivelly without having people running away
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-01, 00:22   #2
[at]Vio-Lence
Default Re: Hardest map to be SQL

Gaza, Korengal, and Charlies Point are easily the hardest blufor maps if you cant set up FOBs quick/defend them from going overrun or mortars. Op Archer usually sucks for Opfor since the cache locations are all seen from the hilltops now. Use to love Op Archer for the castle cache cause that was the only time opfor had a chance to win!
[at]Vio-Lence is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-18, 14:08   #3
Zoddom

Back in the day, I think OP Ghost Train was fucking hell.

rip
Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-18, 16:13   #4
Wicca
Supporting Member

I don't like squadleading where there is dense foilage/noscopes.

It means the people in my squad has to be good at CQB... And usually CQB is quite 50/50 for skill.

So yeah

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-19, 17:14   #5
agus92
Supporting Member

Hill488, Tad Sae and Asad Khal are quite hellish to SL as well. In general, any skirmish map, specially if it's cqb intensive.

For AAS, I dislike SLing on Silent Eagle, too exposed to assets, too few options (basically superfobing or defending tunnels).

agus92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-02, 17:55   #6
[R-COM]ismaelassassin
Chilean Forces 1978 Faction Lead

NAH NAH nah. You guys got it all wrong. CQB maps are easy, just tell your guys to go to the meatgrinder and do small tactics to overrun the enemy. Like you can at least do squad leading. Hardest map for squadleading has to be Kashan Desert. You have 2 options: Make your squad build super fobs with TOWS and camp there the entire match which would leave half of your squad doing nothing, OR. Make your squad hold the bunkers where you will stay for the rest of the match as 9/10 attempts at charging enemy bunkers will end up in your squad being destroyed by hilltop tows or the defendant enemy squads inside the bunkers. So essentially. You either do nothing with your squad defending a bunker or you stay in hilltops with all of you working to just keep a TOW and AA up. The rest of the match will depend on how well your assets will do, but you as a SQL in inf you cant really do much that wont end in getting your squad killed. Thats why Kashan is the hardest one.
ismaelassassin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-04, 14:36   #7
WingWalker

I'd have to say any map that I don't play often.

Kafar probably, everything is in the shadows inside some ruined building or on some structure. You just get killed at random from so many random locations.

Anything with jungle or forests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
I don't like squadleading where there is dense foilage/noscopes.
That is true, optics keep everyone looking around, and in foliage people seem to get killed at random form who knows where.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-04, 15:55   #8
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
I'd have to say any map that I don't play often.

Kafar probably, everything is in the shadows inside some ruined building or on some structure. You just get killed at random from so many random locations.

Anything with jungle or forests.
The map just changes what we do and how we do it. Put some worded simple skills to it and it goes better than having aimless people that go out of view of each other. Encourage camouflage use, most dead bodies are found in the open.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
hardest, map, sql