16 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2021-11-14, 03:13   #11
Brotherscompany
Default Re: Ras El Masri AAS - add new Layer/Factions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
Scopes don't count?
One of the few maps l consider you are truly better off going without a scope (and l FPS issues and scopes help out) its usually legit extreme CQB for most section of the city, there are only a few places ld say the scope would help and thats the South and East side of the map which usually aren't in play
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-21, 18:20   #12
WingWalker

Seems to be a regular thing on PR servers that the admins are never willing to put up any map that is different. I literally have never played this map.

These things need to be played out in the community, people need to figure out the tricks and strategies of the map and the equipment of the factions.

It seems a little ignorant to blame any game play on just what faction is used on a map.

Most factions have basically similar kits anyway, with similar functions, but with different sighting systems.

Weapon sights are not going to make or break a whole match.

If that were the case something like U.S. vs INS would never work, all iron sights vs magnified optics.

There would be more of an effect on game play with assets, both with the numbers of them and the killing ability of them. For instance the APC on Fallujiah seems a little unnecessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
with PLA vs IDF the PLA has nothing to compensate, its just a low RPM weapon vs a high RPM weapon and l still het the feeling its not fair fight
You think rounds per minute ruin the map?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
Canada is good at a distance and CQB with a switchable scope, but MEC can stand their own with a 2 shot capability
The Canadian and MEC rifles both have 2 shot capability. I'm pretty sure that is a standard damage model for most main battle rifles in PR.

The difference is in body armor.

Also, MEC have scoped and un-scoped rifles. Unless there is no alt rifleman kit, so the Canadian rifle would have only a slight advantage with the option on all rifles.

Not going to destroy all game play on a map just because you have MEC v Canada.

Otherwise, again the match up between INS and modern factions with optics would never work, and they are further apart of performance.
Last edited by WingWalker; 2021-11-21 at 18:39..
Old 2022-01-01, 21:09   #13
Brotherscompany

Hi again

So we played this map a good couple of weeks ago and I forgot to give the feedback.

This map just doesnt work balance wise, something is not there and the steam roll that IDF has once they are inside the city is simply unstopable, I still beleive adding different factions would solve this issue.

In the last 3 previous rounds the matches were pretty balanced ticket wise: 0-121 ; 0-5 ; 0-62 - and then this map comes in and just ruins it 0-360
https://br.hogclangaming.com/tracker...m_cq_64.PRdemo

Watching the tracker it seemed that the lost of the FOB caused the defeat and sucessive steam role but yeh never saw a balanced match on this map, I still beleive MECvsPLA could be a good alternative
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-01, 22:35   #14
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Should test with new patch. We added the ZBL08 which should fair way better vs the Namer

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-02, 18:39   #15
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
Scopes don't count?
Why did you remove idf with scopes as a faction? I kinda miss the CTAR-21 with magnified red dot.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote