project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2021-05-18, 21:08   #11
spacemarine42

Default Re: Replacing the MEC's G3 with a Type 56/AKM .

I think it would be cool to eventually have a separate Iranian faction with G3s, and give the MEC (which would fight Iran) AK-type weapons. However, there are several military forces in the Middle East that use G3s, most notably Saudi Arabia, which means that for now, the G3 fits the fictional MEC perfectly. Moreover, it's simply more interesting to have a conventional faction that uses battle rifles in full-powered cartridges rather than assault rifles.

Please do not change the MEC's service rifles to AKs.
spacemarine42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-21, 03:06   #12
Grump/Gump.45

I will have to side with the G3 here. Many reasons including lists of previous users and licensed middle eastern manufacturers. Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia having it listed is good enough for me. I have plenty of chances to use the AKM style weapons. MEC rifles add a different dynamic to the game, every man becomes a sniper if they feel confident, comfortable and adapted to how this weapon operates in the game.

Weapons without BUIS need to allow using contour of rifle or scope so we have something to aim with in CQC. Without this it feels psychologically uncomfortable, we all know G3 in full auto, close range with scope on either aimed or hip firing with it is inaccurate against M16s. The kick can be bio-mechanically stabilized more in game too, but still needs to be fought with the mouse resetting point of aim like all weapons
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-03, 14:41   #13
Operator_Max1993

bump

but i'd like to say in my opinion

No.

just No.

i don't want another AK based faction
there's already Insurgents, Vietnam, Syrian and Chechen rebels and ARF

and i actually love the G3 rifles
so, i agree to disagree with this

#NotMyMEC
Operator_Max1993 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-06, 16:09   #14
Crylink

Youre all talking about realism and which country has which weapon.

This is a game! we need balance. G3 is just horrible compared to the AK-74m for example.

the G3 can somewhat work in muttrah because the US forces dont get full auto rifles.

look at kfar halab RUS vs MEC for example. how many times did the MEC forces get demolished fighting the ak-74m?

look at sbeneh outskirts AAS MEC vs Syrian Rebels(when the flags are in the urban part of the map)
if the teams are balanced MEC cant even get into the city\

sure the G3 is a great DMR but most maps are close ranged like burning sands where british rifles just fire like theres no recoil while the MEC dude has to move his mouse a meter back to get another shot on target.
Crylink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-06, 17:26   #15
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Lets discuss realism of a fictional faction

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-10, 04:48   #16
dcm

I believe that all MEC ironsight layers should have the G3 replaced instead with the AKM/TYPE 56. Because Iron sight battle rifles factions just aint fun. Not even on falklands. The G3/FAL effective damage is similar to the AKs already but the recoil is just too damn high. On sbeneh the MEC gets demolished by the Syrian Rebels. In CQB and medium range engagements. Only the MG3 is able to bridge the performance gap and in many cases demolish the AK based weapons.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote