project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
16 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2022-01-17, 14:35   #11
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Missing Critical info to players from my perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFABETAS View Post
Nice to see that you guys are working on that.
We will likely not show the exact time remaining as seen in that video, but instead just indicate while the gun is unusable due to reload or delay to use.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 15:53   #12
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFABETAS View Post
Khamisiyah: Would like to see full info of changes. That standard layer was moved to large. Larger BMP2M, BMP3/ 2xBradley delayed. Standard layer: etc..
This large layer has existed for about 2 years now. STD was always marines....

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-20, 19:26   #13
rogdozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
A lot of these were simply not possible in the engine, but with recent improvements we may be able to create some of these timers
For civilians it doesn't even have to be a timer, I'd be happy even if we just get a message to let us know when the 2 minutes are over, and a message when we cease being civilian (due to friendlies being nearby etc.)
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-22, 17:10   #14
WingWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogdozz View Post
For civilians it doesn't even have to be a timer, I'd be happy even if we just get a message to let us know when the 2 minutes are over, and a message when we cease being civilian (due to friendlies being nearby etc.)
I think there are more important things to improve with the civi/martyr role...

The timer is just 2 mins, look at your watch or look at the game time.

I actually set my stopwatch every time, see how close to 2mins I can get martyred.

I martyr a lot for fun, but...

... it shows no score at all, its thankless, and it requires more of a commitment to tactics and learning than almost any other kit or role.

It has no visible benefits to your own team.

It also has no visible penalties to your own team.

However,
if done continually through the match the other team will rack up negative tw points, and will all be getting longer spawn times slowing down their progress.

There is a myth that you can get someone kicked off the server for killing you too many times, but I don't think its very realistic to think you will get someone to kill you that many times.

Though, I do not think the DEVs want to develop the Martyr/civi role any more than it is.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 15:27   #15
ALFABETAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
I think there are more important things to improve with the civi/martyr role...

The timer is just 2 mins, look at your watch or look at the game time.

I actually set my stopwatch every time, see how close to 2mins I can get martyred.

I martyr a lot for fun, but...

... it shows no score at all, its thankless, and it requires more of a commitment to tactics and learning than almost any other kit or role.

It has no visible benefits to your own team.

It also has no visible penalties to your own team.

However,
if done continually through the match the other team will rack up negative tw points, and will all be getting longer spawn times slowing down their progress.

There is a myth that you can get someone kicked off the server for killing you too many times, but I don't think its very realistic to think you will get someone to kill you that many times.

Though, I do not think the DEVs want to develop the Martyr/civi role any more than it is.
Yes, there are more important things to improve. Making full guns ballistics. Instead of RNG that is now. One time you get supper laser solder next time you get cross-eye one, that can't hit shit.

Don't forget this is a game and some feedback should be to the player because we don't have so advanced VR. Where all the actions we make, can see and feel all the progress we doing.

It would be nice if you took action as a civil been shown in the scoreboard. It has benefits but of non existing feedback to the players. No one knows it.

This video should blow your mind!
ALFABETAS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 15:31   #16
ALFABETAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
This large layer has existed for about 2 years now. STD was always marines....
You change large to look like evening or you change standard assets configuration. I don't have old files to be able to check it but something was changed.
ALFABETAS is offline Reply With Quote