project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2022-01-21, 17:01   #21
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Battle Rifles need a rework

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
Wouldn't be a bad idea tbh. But just to the chest. I dont want a tarkov type situation where everyone is going for leg meta.
I take you're not aware we do have a leg/limb meta.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-22, 01:27   #22
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
I take you're not aware we do have a leg/limb meta.
No, I was not. I dont believe I've ever encountered somebody specifically going for limbs in PR. I am well aware of the 'limb meta' in tarkov. I personally try to go for the chest in PR as much as possible, because the chest hitbox is more reliable. I have shot and stabbed peoples legs through well before, if that counts.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-22, 17:14   #23
WingWalker

Quote:
Truly intermediate caliber assault rifles(5.56 or 5.45) also have battle rifles beat.
I don't think you know what a "battle rifle" is...

Quote:
I personally try to go for the chest in PR as much as possible,
Well there's your problem...
Last edited by WingWalker; 2022-01-22 at 17:23..
Old 2022-01-23, 00:54   #24
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
I don't think you know what a "battle rifle" is...
A semi-automatic(possibly select-fire) rifle, firing a full size .30 caliber cartridge. With or Without detachable magazines. That I believe is the modern accepted definition. By that reasoning the M1 Garand, G43, FAL, G3, M14, Etc are all considered battle rifles.

Quote:
Well there's your problem...
You're seriously gonna tell me that you choose to go for the legs in PR when chest shots work just as well and are more reliable.
Old 2022-01-28, 23:52   #25
WingWalker

Quote:
A semi-automatic(possibly select-fire) rifle, firing a full size .30 caliber cartridge. With or Without detachable magazines. That I believe is the modern accepted definition.
I guess the U.S. military and other NATO militaries don't have a "battle rifle"...

Quote:
You're seriously gonna tell me that you choose to go for the legs in PR when chest shots work just as well and are more reliable.
How do you not know about this??

Yes, I shoot the legs and they die.

Are you seriously telling me that you are purposely aiming for the area covered in material made to stop bullets?
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-29, 02:03   #26
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
I guess the U.S. military and other NATO militaries don't have a "battle rifle"...
Now your just being pedantic.

{/QUOTE]
How do you not know about this??
Yes, I shoot the legs and they die.
Are you seriously telling me that you are purposely aiming for the area covered in material made to stop bullets?[/QUOTE]

I've never had good results going for the legs in PR. It's much easier to hit a moving target in the large rectangular torso, than the long skinny legs. There's also a chance you might hit the head or arms. I only go for leg shots on stationary targets.

I play tarkov like I play PR. Up-close and Personal. And PR is not Tarkov. There is no pressing need for the leg meta. In tarkov some armor can tank a whole mag of ak bullets. In PR it may take an extra bullet or few. I quit tarkov because of such reasons. I couldn't stand the power creep. And also the tarkov devs are not including an arena mode. So fuck them.