project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2021-10-24, 14:01   #1
talal1
Default VOIP Blocked In egypt

So as you know VOIP is blocked in Egypt which makes me unable to use mumble which makes me unable to talk with other people or hear them so is there any way around this, And yes I have tried using proxies the first time it worked but now it just says "connection timed out" or "failed to auth proxy" So is there any way I could get around this without using proxies or is there any way I could fix the proxy to not say that?

And yes I am using good proxies from VOIP Unblocked countries.
talal1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 15:26   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: VOIP Blocked In egypt

Quote:
"connection timed out" or "failed to auth proxy"
Sounds like bad configuration for the proxy. If its blocked it should be "remote host closed connection"

For connecting without proxy, its possible that they block it based on the certificate names, which contain "Mumble" in their name (both client and server). I've written on the server admins discord how to test it, I'm not sure if anyone tested it yet.

Regardless, U777 should know other ways around getting it work, they have plenty of players in the area. Ask them for help.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 18:52   #3
talal1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
Sounds like bad configuration for the proxy. If its blocked it should be "remote host closed connection"

For connecting without proxy, its possible that they block it based on the certificate names, which contain "Mumble" in their name (both client and server). I've written on the server admins discord how to test it, I'm not sure if anyone tested it yet.

Regardless, U777 should know other ways around getting it work, they have plenty of players in the area. Ask them for help.
Yeah it also says remove host closed connection, Thanks tho ill try and ask people in U777
Old 2021-10-25, 12:40   #4
talal1

Nvm it got fixed I just changed to direct connection and it worked but after a few days it began saying "there is a problem with your connection" even though my ping is 100 and the game starts being unplayable for some reason
Old 2021-11-17, 15:17   #5
VoidsX

Hi, I'm In Egypt and also getting "remote host closed the connection", did any one find a way around this?
VoidsX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-18, 22:58   #6
berkyross

check this
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=151554
berkyross is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-07, 05:32   #7
VoidsX

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkyross View Post
Thanks, but how did you get it to work? I put in the host name and port number mentioned in the post but it still fails to connect.
VoidsX is offline Reply With Quote