project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
26 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2022-03-10, 16:03   #11
Grump/Gump.45
Default Re: HAMAS is overpowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
So am I the only one who thinks that not needing an officer kit to build a hideout is overpowered? I exploit this to my advantage every time Gaza is played, but I honestly think it's just way too good. You don't even need 2 dudes to build a hideout, just 1...
In my experience you don't always have 2 dudes to help. Its not overpowered. I drop hideout by myself leaving others to fight, it takes 1 guy 2 minutes. Ill drop roadblock by myself and leave others to fight, that takes 7 minutes.

No insurgent force is overpowered, we get all the same light vehicles. BLUFOR gets thermal assets, its up to them to use it right. They have 800 tickets on GAZA. It doesn't make sense why AAS with conventional assets on both sides has flag bleed for a bad team while weak insurgents on Gaza must kill 800 tickets over 4 caches. Add another advantage for BLUFOR right there.

HAMAS gets 5.56, 7.62x39, 40MM, .50 cal, 9MM, SPG, RPG, buckshot and Tokarov pistol cartridges. Wider weapon selection doesn't matter.

We have a very small list of advantages as insurgents and a longer list of disadvantage, our advantages are weak. All of them easily countered and the weakness of these advantages is always tied back to the shotgun instant arrest in some way. Roadblocks, civilian, light vehicles. We can hide in the hideout waiting for breacher or play dead on cache to not have the C4 go down in that exact moment, these 2 are advantages I think I am the only one who uses the most if at all.

Tank takes down roadblocks in 2 shells, we could have civilians stand in front of roadblocks as human shields. But its bad enough the shotgun instant arrests people out of nowhere suddenly giving 0 chance to save civilians from it. Arrest should only be able to be done by cuffs and shotgun should remove stamina only. Takes all the possible teamwork of arresting giving it all to one BLUFOR guy. Where shotgun could assist 2 guys to arrest 4+ civilians easily.

That makes BLUFOR full squads overpowered and individual ninja lone wolfer breachers too powerful. Shotgun should remove stamina of civilians, not instant arrest. At least make the breacher have to beanbag shotgun civi to remove stamina assist then cuff. Still overpowered then but still gives chance to be saved or escape. So how are we supposed to have civilians stand in front of roadblocks without eventually getting them arrested from a rooftop at distance by a shotgun?

Until we get full realism crowd capability due to the replacement of shotgun instant arrest to stamina bar empty. If dropping a kit is actually requesting an invisible kit that could have stones in it. That will provide 1000 more funny tactics, natural distraction, strength of the crowd tactics.

They could defend the cache too with rocks or dropped weapon kits. Have any insurgent drop a weapon kit into the crowd, shuffle everyone around to mix the new guy in. Great BLUFOR sniper practice. We then have a weapon in the crowd against arrest teams. Pick it up, shoot it, put it back down then re-shuffle.

Not only is the instant arrest unrealistically over powered, so is the shotgun being able to kill insurgents, open doors and bean bag arrest civilians all without changing ammo. We could have more player retention by making it capable of doing new things in the game as civilians that can't be ruined by shotgun instant arrest.

3 possibilities around this shotgun instant arrest.

1.) Give shotgun ammo selector just like the 3 ammo type select switch same as fire selector on Beryl/FAMAS (Buckshot, door slugs and bean bags)

2.) make shotgun a less lethal too only, for doors and bean bags only.

3.) make the shotgun have different effect based on what its aimed at without changing ammo. Kill insurgent fighters, open doors and remove stamina of civilians.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-03-10 at 16:09..