project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
02 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2022-04-18, 16:15   #1
rogdozz
Default Increase trans respawn time

Trans helicopters in it's current form gets used too liberally imo, people do risky missions because the cost of dying is pretty tame. A squad can be behind enemy lines in a difficult position and there will still usually be a trans pilot willing to take the risk and supply them. The cost of dying should be increased so that pilots ask themselves the question "do we really need a crate on that flag when there is still fighting going on there? Is It really worth it to fly across the map to drop off these 2 guys?".

I suggest that light crate trans stays at 5 minutes respawn time, 1 heavy crate trans gets increased to 7.5 minutes, and 2 heavy crate trans gets increased to 10 minutes. Perhaps add more logis on some maps to balance this change.
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 19:54   #2
InfantryGamer42
Default Re: Increase trans respawn time

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogdozz View Post
I suggest that light crate trans stays at 5 minutes respawn time, 1 heavy crate trans gets increased to 7.5 minutes, and 2 heavy crate trans gets increased to 10 minutes. Perhaps add more logis on some maps to balance this change.
Agree with this. Only thing I would add for this suggestion is that on INS layers, respawn times for transport helicopter should be even longer (7.5 minutes for light crate trans, 10 minutes for 1 heavy crate trans and 15 minutes for 2 heavy crate trans), as way to buff insurgency factions while keeping BLUFOR on similar level (if they use trans inside new respawn limitations).
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 22:46   #3
WingWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogdozz View Post
so that pilots ask themselves the question "do we really need
I think anything that makes players more reserved is a good move.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 23:04   #4
ChuckChuckson

For the Many, Not the Few
If I am to be perfectly honest here, I think this is more a matter of a skill issue than anything else. Although it will irk me when people misuse the HAT Kit (e.g. Having someone with the hat kit in an infantry squad whilst the assets are on the other side of the map), it doesn't mean that I would want to bring about some sort of the profound change in the rules that govern it. That is because I recognise that people think differently and have different ambitions. To that extent, I don't think that the idea of increasing the respawn time for transport helicopters is a reasonable/measured response to one's grievances. There are maps within this game wherein, you mine bridges and/or the main access roads, nothing moves through. Whilst it could be argued that "Oh, you could just de-mine that bridge/access road via the combat engineer or breacher C4", that isn't how it actually goes (but I won't go on a tangent to elaborate on that). Thus, the importance of trans becomes increasingly important. This discussion is not taking into consideration to ways trans helicopters die. It can either be a case of them dying via grief, waste and/or any other scenario. To try to make a case out of trans pilots "taking the risk", is beyond ridiculous and shows that this is clearly you attempting to cast your personal grievances about some of the trans pilots you've come across, than anything else. There are amazing trans pilots out there (e.g. Puden, Buttermilch etc), who due to the very fact that they "take the risk" are able to save the team from being curb stomped. The funny thing about it is that the very squad that goes behind enemy lines usually builds the fob that comes in handy either in the middle or at the very end of the game (I am ignoring the Hollywood Spec Ops squads for obvious reasons). If we were to implement the suggestion, it would simply mean that the time for recovery (if the team loses assets because of the aforementioned examples of griefing, wasting etc) becomes longer and the team loses out on core opportunities to turn the tide. For example, A no-mic joins the squad, you're too focused on giving crates to even notice that he's gotten into the heli. You get taken out by a tank/apc that no one calls out, or you simply get taken out by broken AA (although Devs get to differ ). No-mic crashes because he doesn't know how the fly and now both helicopters are down and thus the team must now wait either 7.5 minutes for light crate trans, 10 minutes for 1 heavy crate trans and 15 minutes for 2 heavy crate trans. Talk to any GOOD trans pilot and they will tell you that it is infuriating. I don't think that we should be punishing the many for the incompetence of a few trans pilots. I think that a better suggestion would be to either encourage people to become better pilots by pointing them to the test airfields or having rules within servers that highlight the importance of trans to the team's success.

I don't care for separating this into different paragraphs.
ChuckChuckson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 14:27   #5
UncleSmek

If anything, respawn time should be decreased.
Only you decide how fast reinforcements are to be expensed.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 15:27   #6
ObeerBongKenobi
Supporting Member

I have to agree with smek and chucky,especially if the mortars and emplacements cannot be ripped down and rebuilt with 2 crates. Everything is dependent on crates now. where do crates come from? TRANS! If trans is going to spawn even slower and logi's take longer at repair bays people are just going to get fed up and alt+F4 and leave. I have the perfect solution. Revert back to emplacements spawning full ammo. now if no mic pilot noob gets in and crashes or no mic freekit sniper uses logi as trans, gets out too fast and gets run over, loses logi and sniper kit, it's no skin off anyones ass.

=MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN
ObeerBongKenobi is offline Reply With Quote