project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies In-game tactics guides from the community.

Old 2022-05-01, 07:36   #1
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Full squad in trees

I put my full squad in trees in the cap zone, hunting by using the flags as bait. Thoughts on these tactics? Some maps like Kozelesk and Ia Drang have actual tree stands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwv5hi5V-hI

Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-03, 12:43   #2
Boulder
Default Re: Full squad in trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
I put my full squad in trees in the cap zone, hunting by using the flags as bait. Thoughts on these tactics? Some maps like Kozelesk and Ia Drang have actual tree stands.

I heard someone mention you doing this and that according to the tracker you all got killed pretty quickly without putting up much of a resistance.

I think this kind of thing is fine for lone-wolfing or especially for INS cache defense, but it's impractical and frankly silly for AAS. Bushes hold more potential for holding positions and ambushing than trees imo. Much easier to get everyone to spread out and hide in bushes, too.
Boulder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-03, 13:49   #3
MOSES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
but it's impractical and frankly silly for AAS. Bushes hold more potential for holding positions and ambushing than trees imo. Much easier to get everyone to spread out and hide in bushes, too.
Why not both everyone dont have to be in the trees but a couple and the rest in bushes to have different areas of fire have like a mg or ar and gd in the bushes keeping them supressed and and the rifleman and breachers in the trees picking them off
MOSES!! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 23:20   #4
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
I heard someone mention you doing this and that according to the tracker you all got killed pretty quickly without putting up much of a resistance.

I think this kind of thing is fine for lone-wolfing or especially for INS cache defense, but it's impractical and frankly silly for AAS. Bushes hold more potential for holding positions and ambushing than trees imo. Much easier to get everyone to spread out and hide in bushes, too.
We have lasted a while every time I get up in trees. Its more the reality we can medic people. I have had varying degrees of success with this. Its like playing dead but gives you a weapon ready surprise advantage. Also sets paranoia in. You just need to get everyone up in a tree before enemy comes, I hopped down from my tree to make this video.

Don't you hear all the AK fire directed from tree tops at dude who killed me? This went on for 5 minutes with 2 guys left standing in the trees. Also we are a single squad defending against a larger attack force. Whatever we get down sees medics coming up behind them. Its how it goes, most of time few people or nobody is defending, you have heard "nobody defending the flags" over comms before.

If we could use E to climb trees like they are a rope it would be easier and make less noise than rope. I will make a video of my gear, weigh myself and do pull ups to justify "we can climb" in full gear. Just so the DEVs don't pull some bull mess on us about "not realistic, we can't do this".
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 12:33   #5
Primus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post

My thoughts with your adheared tactics is the fact that you are not taking ample time to understand the tree itself and how you can possible use it more to your advantage. Your tree of choice in your aformentioned video is the Quercus robor tree, or the oak tree. This tree can get up to a height of 130-140 feet and with a branch length to around 100 feet. This tree is decisively a tree made for ambush with its thick leaves that can be 5-6 lobes deep. With this knowledge in mind and understanding the Russian EMR you can further progress your volition to ambush enemy sentries.

Indeed spreading out within a 15 metre radius with one squad soldier per tree is advantageous, what really sends the cows flying is your decision WHAT to do with the tree itself. You must ask yourself: Is this Quercus robor truely the right one picked? OR is there a more supple oak tree nearby that is prepared for the weight of your 218 lbs medic carrying a AK-74M?

With these questions in mind, you can further your progress and your mission objective and get the jump like a rabies infected tiger on your enemies for sure. BUT keep in mind Grump that grouping your groupies in one room may lead to the spread of STDs that you may not be prepared for.
Primus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 13:29   #6
[R-CON]​Chuva_RD
PR:BF2 Contributor
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
this reply was brought to you by DeepTree AI algorithm trained on a corpus of professional literature on ambush tactics for daily applications.
Chuva_RD is offline Reply With Quote