project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2022-06-28, 17:11   #31
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: _\ _\ ...MORTARS, MORTARS, MORTARS..........._\ _\

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOSES!! View Post
You dont agree with the decision made by the devs Why is redeploying the emplacements better than resupplying from the crate answer this and I'll stop I'm not hammering you your promoting an exploit that's not on the game anymore
Dude - MOSES - take a breath and re-read every one of InfantryGamer42's replies here as I just did. At no point does he state that he does NOT agree with the decision made by the devs - he specifically stated he is for it and went on to explain why.

Your lack of comprehension could be excused for the fact that English is not everyone's first language here - totally understandable, such as when a noun or conjunction gets misused resulting in a miscommunication - but when you have InfantryGamer42 correcting your mistaken assumptions at least twice and you still ignore what he is trying to communicate to you, the failure rests squarely on your own shoulders.

InfantryGamer42 is not against this change, he is for it. He's stated that several times as he's tried to help others understand why the change was implemented by describing the exploit that this change addresses.

Before you go off half-cocked at your peers here, maybe take some time to more carefully read what was written to you before making assumptions that are the opposite of the points they are trying to make.

Last edited by SemlerPDX; 2022-06-28 at 19:09.. Reason: apologies for my exacerbated tone, was frustrated to see folks arguing on the same side of a coin
Old 2022-06-28, 17:34   #32
MOSES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
Dude - MOSES - take a breath and re-read every one of InfantryGamer42's replies here as I just did. At no point does he state that he does NOT agree with the decision made by the devs - he specifically stated he is for it and went on to explain why.

Your lack of comprehension could be excused for the fact that English is not everyone's first language here - totally understandable, such as when a noun or conjunction gets misused resulting in a miscommunication - but when you have InfantryGamer42 correcting your mistaken assumptions at least twice and you still ignore what he is trying to communicate to you, the failure rests squarely on your own shoulders.

InfantryGamer42 is not against this change, he is for it. He's stated that several times as he's tried to help others understand why the change was implemented by describing the exploit that this change addresses.

Before you go off half-cocked at your peers here, maybe take some time to more carefully read what was written to you before making assumptions that are the opposite of the points they are trying to make.
Im fine sorry I sounded mad I read everything he said to me this. It was never against InfantryGamer42 it was his claim that the exploit was a better way of resupplying the emplacements.Reason why people used exploit is not because "people did not want to throw ammo", they did it because it was simply better then normal system. It is perfectly normal thing, as it was part of game.
Advantage of above strategy came from simple fact. For same time you took to run towards crate, rearm ammo, run back and drop it, you could (with smaller or same manpower) remove and deploy mortars for de facto full ammo reload. As extra bonus, you did not need to constantly resupply FOB with new crates, as beginning two crates were enough to sustain you during one game.

This in practice meant that mortar squad which was exploiting in game mechanics was more effective then mortar squad with full coordination, as it was able to do more fire mission with shorter downtime. As exploit was clearly better (and no, admins babysitting mortars and banning people is not solution), DEVs did this last change.
InfantryGamer42 sorry for this man i never meant hammering you it's your claim that's it those answers were for the claim not you
Last edited by MOSES!!; 2022-06-30 at 01:22..
Old 2022-06-29, 19:19   #33
Tommygun
Supporting Member

Just saw this thread. I've used mortars a lot over the years and I think the changes are good. I also like insurgent fobs giving ammo..maybe extend it to allied fobs too? I don't think stopping demolition was a practical way to deal with cheap destroy/rebuild of mortars. This is easy and more elegant balancing really. It can always get tweaked but for now its a good starting point.
Great job IMO.
Tommygun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-06, 04:50   #34
Stolt_Yugoslav

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post

That is because you really do not get any advantages with constantly removing and deploying other deployable assets compared to mortars.

Well were in a situation where everything has changed? . As I said in regards to mortars, the reason why I don´t know if was advantageous to the point of being exploitable is because I dont play them.

I related my experience to everything else I do have experience with. And there we seem to be in agreement.

Now maybe you´re right and it was needed for mortars. Why was it implemented for everything else? Are all assets somehow tied to each other and the mortar change could not have happened independently? Or did someone just decide "fuck it" and started painting with too broad of a stroke?
Stolt_Yugoslav is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-23, 17:55   #35
MOSES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolt_Yugoslav View Post
Well were in a situation where everything has changed? . As I said in regards to mortars, the reason why I don´t know if was advantageous to the point of being exploitable is because I dont play them.

I related my experience to everything else I do have experience with. And there we seem to be in agreement.

Now maybe you´re right and it was needed for mortars. Why was it implemented for everything else? Are all assets somehow tied to each other and the mortar change could not have happened independently? Or did someone just decide "fuck it" and started painting with too broad of a stroke?
For the mortars they fire indirectly and your safe from enemy fire as opposed to tows and hmgs where they fire directly at the front so the faster they get it deployed and supplied the earlier they get rounds on target only a 30 sec difference from redeploying than resupplying
Before when you redeploy any emplacement it will rearm itself with the full ammo now it
require using the crate mortars tows hmgs you can redeploy it just dosent start with the ammo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeerBongKenobi View Post
Yes you can fire them in 5 consecutive bursts but to get to those 5 rounds you need wait 30 seconds to load them. by the time you hit your target over a minute has gone by and the target is no longer there. If the target is good (getting points) the mortar is now empty. that's going to be another 30 seconds to reload the mortars even if people are constantly throwing bags at you.
MOSES!! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 17:17   #36
MOSES!!

Ammunition comes from the supply crate not from the emplacements itself only a few players used it from wanks claim it takes 30 seconds to fully rearm and load the mortars from empty with players constantly rearming the devs change it and they complained nothing is wrong with the mortars it's the time it takes to rearm the tows mortars and hmgs require ammunition to fire and the time to reload the mortars is slower than the tows and hmgs before when you redeploy any emplacement it will rearm itself with the full ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeerBongKenobi
Yes you can fire them in 5 consecutive bursts but to get to those 5 rounds you need wait 30 seconds to load them. by the time you hit your target over a minute has gone by and the target is no longer there. If the target is good (getting points) the mortar is now empty. that's going to be another 30 seconds to reload the mortars even if people are constantly throwing bags at you.
Last edited by MOSES!!; 2022-07-28 at 04:18..