project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2015-07-28, 08:32   #21
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Khe Sanh (2km) [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Nice work, a few points thou

First of all if your going to be repainting the terrain later then its not worth painting paths down right now and you may also want to do them with a road spline too, will have far more detail
Sure, just gives me a better idea of where to place things in order to produce a sensible looking area. I'm repainting the terrain regularly to keep up with the deformation anyways.

Quote:
Next you can use the Random Tool with a very low strength to mess up the terrain, then use the smooth tool on top with a low strength to clean it up to give your rocky cliff faces some more life to them
Ah yes the random tool, thanks for reminding me!

Quote:
Next you shouldn't mix different types of sandbags, think I can see those "destroyable sandbags" around the helipad at the top which are buggy and are on the not to use static list too. Best to use the vBF2 sandbag series since they are the best we have unfortunately.
Damnit, I should have known that any destroyable static should be avoided...

Quote:
Is that a section of destroyable wooden bridge I see between the two trenches on the right? if so its not a good idea to use them since if they are kept destroyable they can be destroyed and even with the dest code removed, they will still require a wreck lightmaps which is a waste on resources.
Haha, no it's actually some trench statics shoved into the ground - glad it produces the desired effect though!

Quote:
Also for improving your editor view, follow this tut if you can, missing most of its pics now due to stupid imagehsack but hopefully you can still follow it: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...esolution.html
I'll take a look into that now, thanks!

EDIT: This is pretty hard to follow without the images, the basic idea is to avoid letterboxing in the render window, right?

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Jedimushroom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 08:52   #22
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

So I don't think the static I used (sandbag_wall_destroyable_5m) is explicitly listed on the restricted statics thread, although it should have been obvious not to use it anyway.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f35...your-maps.html

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Jedimushroom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-25, 10:47   #23
Sir.Helpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
That is more generating random terrain rather than importing DEM data but the saving to BF2 are the same.

Probably not the best tut but has the basics: Transport Tycoon Forums ? View topic - How To: Generate Superb Heightmaps
TTD in link i don't belive
Sir.Helpman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-30, 08:20   #24
[R-DEV]​ALADE3N
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.Helpman View Post
TTD in link i don't belive
too dead to post on it, but you can try

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote

Tags