project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2022-10-20, 11:43   #1
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Default Wanda Shan STD APC balance

CV90 completely outclasses the ZSL-92 25mm. It has a better gun with higher rate of fire and significantly more splash against inf, more armor and thermals. The CV90 simply dominates until tanks and CAS spawn.

I would suggest replacing one of the ZSL-92s with a ZBD-86A, if not both. Like the ZSL-92, it has no thermals, and the ATGM is very slow flying, but the more powerful armament gives it a chance against the CV90 which the ZSL-92 currently does not have.

HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-25, 22:42   #2
never
Default Re: Wanda Shan STD APC balance

skill issue.
never is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-26, 00:40   #3
Coalz101

For once I can agree that this is a skill issue. playing with that apc requires a different tactic, head on attacks don't work. You have to look at yourself as an aavp trying to fight a btr82 alone.

EDIT: Here's a tracker when I used it last time although the enemy apc crew was shit plus I used HAT to kill only 1 of the apcs proves that it's not impossible if you play your cards right.
Last edited by Coalz101; 2022-10-26 at 00:58..
Old 2022-10-26, 14:43   #4
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsydney View Post
CV90 completely outclasses the ZSL-92 25mm. It has a better gun with higher rate of fire and significantly more splash against inf, more armor and thermals. The CV90 simply dominates until tanks and CAS spawn.
I'm curious how this requires intervention in contrast to the usual matchup where its opfor apc shredding blufor apcs with superior rate of fire.

Both CV90 and ZSL are 200rpm by the way.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-26, 19:34   #5
BubblyNinja

This is a difficult situation considering limited asset equivalence at the APC/IFV level for the two factions. CV90 9 times out of 10 will shred the ZSL-92 but also take into consideration other aspects such as having thermals, FCS, and a massive 35mm splash which also cleans up infantry fairly easily. Additionally, CV90 driver/commander has elevated view + zoom while ZSL-92 has a limited 360-degree slit view with no zoom. And finally, ZSL-92 has to contend with Spike running around as well.

Possible to have an ATGM-less model from ZBL-08 or ZBD-86 for best compromise?
BubblyNinja is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-28, 11:37   #6
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
I'm curious how this requires intervention in contrast to the usual matchup where its opfor apc shredding blufor apcs with superior rate of fire.

Both CV90 and ZSL are 200rpm by the way.
Blufor APCs have thermals and a guided HAT on their team.

My bad on the ROF, still, the 35mm has significantly more damage output than the 25mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
For once I can agree that this is a skill issue. playing with that apc requires a different tactic, head on attacks don't work. You have to look at yourself as an aavp trying to fight a btr82 alone.

EDIT: Here's a tracker when I used it last time although the enemy apc crew was shit plus I used HAT to kill only 1 of the apcs proves that it's not impossible if you play your cards right.
And you can kill a tank with a VN-3, doesn't mean it's a balanced matchup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyNinja View Post
This is a difficult situation considering limited asset equivalence at the APC/IFV level for the two factions. CV90 9 times out of 10 will shred the ZSL-92 but also take into consideration other aspects such as having thermals, FCS, and a massive 35mm splash which also cleans up infantry fairly easily. Additionally, CV90 driver/commander has elevated view + zoom while ZSL-92 has a limited 360-degree slit view with no zoom. And finally, ZSL-92 has to contend with Spike running around as well.

Possible to have an ATGM-less model from ZBL-08 or ZBD-86 for best compromise?
Even if they had a ZBD-86 with ATGM I would still say the Dutch had the advantage, but a ZBL-08 would swing the advantage over to the Chinese, when you factor in engine noise and mobility.

Another idea would be to replace one of the CV90s with a Boxer, but it would just flip 10 meters outside of main on Wanda Shan...

HITREG CARRY
Old 2022-10-31, 10:46   #7
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Take Operation Bobcat STD for example, it's 3x LAV-25 vs 2x ZSL-92 25mm plus a ZBL-08. And a CV90 is much stronger than a LAV-25.

HITREG CARRY