project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
04 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2023-02-02, 01:40   #1
Corvin

Default Operation Barracuda

Short feedback, again from old player:

Chinese main without huge DoD and cappable flag there was main fun part about map, especially considering how small island is.

I am surprised whole Chinese main was turned into DoD once game back to the game. Closing doors and defending bunker at the last flag was really good memory and small DoD/spawn was just enough to have cool gameplay.
Current Barracuda just feels soulless and i see servers barely playing it
Corvin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-02, 15:37   #2
Coalz101
Default Re: Operation Barracuda

What do you mean? I'm pretty sure the DOD has been like this for years and honestly I'd love to see the DOD get a LITTLE bigger to stop people from building mortars on the south side of the main

The reason most people don't play this is because Vietnam is boring and the modern layout feels a bit unbalanced for china. Also consider that no one wants to waste their few hours of PR a day on small maps like that. If you look at peak hours (Except NA cause NA is kinda awkward) most of the maps played at 4km maps and the very popular 2kms (Falcon, Muttrah, Kozelsk, Beirut etc). And honestly it's all to the server admins to put maps in votes, if they put Barracuda in a vote where all other maps are way more Popular of course it's gonna lose.
Last edited by Coalz101; 2023-02-02 at 15:42.. Reason: Added more info
Old 2023-02-02, 17:48   #3
Corvin

Default Re: Operation Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
What do you mean? I'm pretty sure the DOD has been like this for years and honestly I'd love to see the DOD get a LITTLE bigger to stop people from building mortars on the south side of the main

In orginal version you had cap there and DoD was just this area:

I really loved that layout because Chinese defence at the end was just epic. Map was light on assets anyways so spawns for cars or APCs didn't really that matter.

And words about 2km maps are just untrue, especially now when community isn't same as it was 10 years ago and huge part of server is always freekit/no mic/no teamplay dudes that just walking around as lonewolfs. 4km maps can be totally unplayable that's why biggest servers never run two 4kms in the row
Corvin is offline Reply With Quote