project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2023-04-09, 19:48   #11
1941__1941

Default Re: [CODING] Fixing Bullet Tracer Appearance

Excellent work Pr expect nothing less, didn't even see this file

Advanced shaders are being used. Particular element of them as noted, did try replacing the files outright initially, but ended up getting a pixel shader error, thus I figured it would have been better to just ask, because I'd like to keep those ideally to they really help the overall appeal and a ton of hard work has gone into Pr as a whole including the new renderer to jeopardize it with such a minute, but yet significant detail. I'll take a look into it as well, kudos. Figure this out and honestly the future of Pr is undoubtedly saved for the better. Trust that you'll get nothing but a "you the man" from me if it's solved. Just couldn't get over looking at those every day, especially while sniping. Got to have those it really does help immersion, not that I'd say they need to be on every weapon in the base game as in real life tracer ammo is purely optional, intermediately used every few shots or exclusively toward the end of a magazine, but that's what newer BATTLEFIELD titles have done is just have a sizable variant on everything for every shot fired and it does look amazing. Alas that is a topic for another thread, I'll for sure forward anything noteworthy to suggestions
1941__1941 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-10, 01:33   #12
1941__1941

Issue has been resolved, thanks for pointing in the right direction!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l7C...ew?usp=sharing

"you the MAN"
"you the MAN"
"you the MAN"
"you the MAN"

"We're losing this battle,
start fighting or I'll find someone who can!"
Last edited by 1941__1941; 2023-04-10 at 17:23..
Old 2023-04-10, 04:21   #13
[R-DEV]​ALADE3N
PR:BF2 Developer

If someone makes an airsoft mini mod for pr this will be good

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-10, 18:50   #14
1941__1941

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALADE3N View Post
If someone makes an airsoft mini mod for pr this will be good
Good idea. Also include Paintball. This has also been something I've considered not just for pr, but plenty of other title which would support it. Quite right, just remove the glow on the texture and make it a circular white ( or black or colored ) BB or ball of paint with the appropriate size itself is adjustable then lower the damage to be both insignificant ( non-lethal or requiring return to rally point to remove paint off screen and hit tagged or completely ignoring it by getting a penalty to the score all programmable stuff ) and correct velocity with proper projectile drop. Including the concequence for going on a rampage with friendly fire and shooting out players or being excessive with shooting, even though in this instance that's absolutely hilarious. They actually use this as live exercise training in real life. Would be a great way to showcase pr stuff without being caught by a stray chunk of lead from approximately 200M or even 500M away due to rules of engagement. Make the magazine capacity wise absolutely insane to simulate the reserve and redesign the class system. I'll look into it creating a fork later, but it just isn't the focus right now

As far as tracers in real life are concerned

° They may or may not be used for stealth
° Used for examining ballsitic pattern
° Used for squad target destination
° They are big, bright and cool looking
° Can also be small and variably colored
° Typically 4:1 or one every fifth shot
° Typically at the last five rounds of a magazine
° They can be every round, if they are in excess
° They can be every round, if they are allowed
° Exclusively used in excess on Support gunners

Still, without tracers it would be nice to have a visible indication of where every bullet is going which is what I'm doing in this thread. In base pr, this could be as simple as a small black or white dot to symbolize the bullet in flight which wouldn't be noticed except to the extremely observant eye at close range, but that's how it is in every BF title after BC they are bright and beautiful. Would also be nice if there was a designated RIFLEMAN and MARKSMAN kit with his option issued by the squad leader for their intensity

This isn't a suggestion thread, so we can mark it as solved.
However I'm keen on revisiting it in the future elsewhere

"Don't ask, don't tell"
Last edited by 1941__1941; 2023-04-10 at 18:58..
Old 2023-04-13, 05:52   #15
1941__1941

EDIT

Can make any weapon fire blanks, by typing "rem" and a space in front of the projectile template it will reference in the weapon tweak file. Obviously undeal for turkey shoot scenarios, but interesting nonetheless it basically stands for sleep this function or remove from execution comment. Could solve friendly fire

MK-11 SR-25 MOD 0 ENB SS SHADESERIES
Last edited by 1941__1941; 2023-04-13 at 06:07..

Tags
bullet, projectile, p_tracer_g, tracer