project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
14 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2023-04-21, 20:00   #1
federossi
Post [Map] Operation Taipei (4km) [*CONCEPT*]

Name: (Operation Taipei )
Size: (4km or 8km)
Factions : (CHINA VS US)
Game Play Type : (Focused on: assets but very dense conflict areas for infantry)

Hello everybody!
Sorry in advance for my English! Haha.
So, it's been a while since I've been playing Project Reality (10ish years) and I really enjoy the game. Luckily for me, my professional path has led me into 3d work and programming, so I thought to my self it was time to collaborate with this beautiful mod that has brought me so much fun. I am an asset type player and I always loved the thought of big surfaces to have epic battles between tanks, cas, etc... but I am aware that pr is an infantry focused game! These things said I was thinking of a map/level that could be recent, have a large scale and also involve infantry. I came to the conclusion that there is an imminent conflict in the pacific scenario in the Taiwan island. The conflict would be between the USNAV and the PLAN.

Here is the catch! So, as it is a fictional scenario, based in the near future, I would like to add to the game the new war tech that's out there. I thought of adding the f35 and the j20, also the newest guns in use right now by both factions. Basically, all gen 5 war tech.

Regarding the map, it will be an over simplification of the real city of Taiwan, and it's surroundings. The key elements are the dense high buildings, the old dinastye Chinese style fortresses (like in Xiangshan), the river that flows to the river that separates the city (like Grozny), the large mountain that divides the map in 2 and ads vertical layers (like vadso city). All in all, I can say it would have the look and feel of Operation Bobcat, but bigger and denser, though for heavy asset combat and small arms city fights.

There will be 2 main spawn bases, the american with the f35 VTOL in a aircraftcarrier, and the chinese from a base in continental china outside the map or a china carrier (Shandong 17). The main action will hapen in the city but there are outside flags that are more open so the asset guys can have some fun too!

This is a concept and I would like you to tell me your thoughts. I already have a partner that knows how to model and make maps for PR, and he will be helping me a lot.

One of my main questions is about Map size and assets. If I want to add personalized buildings from battlefield 2142, add market bought 3d assets (tanks, guns, jets, etc.), are you ok with it? Also, about the map size, I think 4k even tho is a big size for typical gameplay, I would like to make it 8k like Falklands, and take advantage of the map size, not like Falklands that almost 90% is unused. I know that there is a correlation between map size and amount of assets put into the map that can't be over a certain amount data size, also optimization problems, but I think it would be great.

I would like the map to have Fighter Jets (the typical 2 fighters and 1 bomber) for each faction, 3 main battle tanks for each one, 3 apc, 2 AAVs, 4 helis, speed boats to get around the map and into the city and the lakes, also technical and the trucks. There could be a layout with 2 Helicopter Cas on each side.

About the oversimplification of the city, clearly Taipei is a MASSIVE city that holds millions of people, so it would be impossible and unplayable. The idea is to get the sense of the dimensions, get some "modern" looking buildings, some skyscrapers (new to PR I guess), some old Chinese style buildings, dense urban mixed with nature, big highways, little towns, ports, and some beach towns.

I think that's all I have to say as for right now, I hope you like the idea and you aprove the concept! Thanks for your time!

federossi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-21, 21:22   #2
Rabbit
Default Re: [Map] Operation Taipei (4km) [*CONCEPT*]

With the current concept that city is actually going to be stupid small. A 4km map of an area around or scaled down versions of Keelung Might be nice.

Big issue with doing an area like that is lack of good buildings. Asia in PR lacks the variety of objects that the middle east has.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 14:37   #3
puffkiller

Default Re: [Map] Operation Taipei (4km) [*CONCEPT*]

The scope is too large, reducing the city is not a good idea?
Building a small coastal city with some high-rise buildings is sufficient.
I have some Chinese buildings, but they still cannot build modern city.
puffkiller is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
china, concept map, pacific, taiwan, usa