project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2023-04-10, 16:45   #11
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Squad Leading on a TKL keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lee View Post
When I tested it offline it didn't though, I was in a humvee and it went from seat 1 straight to the last seat (I think it was 5 or 6) I kept pressing the cycle seats bind but nothing happened. Returning to seat 1 and pressing it again did the same.
I think we only implemented it for dedicated servers. This feature was mainly added to be able and reach the seats past seat 8 and when playing alone, you usually dont need those. Maybe we will make it cycle the seats when playing local too

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-24, 11:08   #12
Bonvi
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
<...> Maybe we will make it cycle the seats when playing local too
Please do it, local games are used to play custom games with friends and such, and sometimes events, cause not everybody has a dedicated server. Also would be nice if the most common testing environment resembled the real game as much as possible, to avoid confusions like this.
Also would be great if radio map markers were made to work ^^

Bonvi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-25, 16:11   #13
sprint113

When I started getting into squad leading a while back, I got a MMO mice that basically has a numpad on the side. I got the Logitech G600, but Razor also makes a direct competitor with their Razor Naga X. These have the benefit of not having to take your hands off your mouse while talking on squad radio. The downside is that these mice are heavier and the G600 is extra wide due to an extra right click making it harder for people who normally grip between thumb-ring finger.

The way I have it set up, 4-12 are 1-9 respectively (following phone dial pad layout). 1, 2 and 3 are squad chat, all SL chat (*) and commander chat (/), respectively.
sprint113 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-07, 15:31   #14
Catmouse

I changed my keybindings to ALT-# when it comes to SL-SL voice coms. It works quite well ... although it does interfere with my weapons selection: I often seem to drop a grenade at my feet. This is a nasty 'bad grenade' surprise for me and my squad, and often leads to weird situations and laughter.
Catmouse is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
need suggestions, squad leading, tips, tkl keyboard