project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2023-06-26, 19:43   #1
KooG
Supporting Member

Question Project Reality: Free Look

Hello everyone. Would it be possible to implement a free look system similar to other currently available "mil-sim" games like arma 3, Ready or Not or Ground Branch

Personaly i think that this ,if possible, would add a even greater immersive feel to PR.

Thank you for all the hard work trough out the years!
KooG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-27, 16:03   #2
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Project Reality: Free Look

Nope, its not

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-27, 22:53   #3
KooG
Supporting Member

Ok thanks for responding
KooG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-28, 18:45   #4
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

It feels like is a recurring thing:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho....php?p=2172398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
There is no update. I tried to get in contact with him over 3 years ago, with no luck. Forget about it.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=105557
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkjKVoQfr8U

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 07:15   #5
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
Nope, its not
Neither is everything else like fast ropes and all the other things you said you couldn't do in the past we eventually got. Break it. I seen some DEV smashing a tank with an FOB being un-stable with the new "move asset" video I saw. We have the ALT button. The soldiers when static move their heads in animation a bit, I feel we can control that.

Take the free look from aircraft and put it on an infantry man with ALT being the default, I know its not that simple, play around with it. Apparently BF2 Freelook used to work as an outside program you put in.

Have the can do attitude, just don't let the lack of a simple easy way dictate what you can and can't do.

You can do it, just like I am sure the shotgun can be programmed to remove stamina bar versus removing health from civilians to allow for rock throwing protest crowds defending the cache, baiting enemies for death and being human shields.

You will make us proud, I go paintballing next week at skirmish paintball for Invasion of Normandy event, 4000-5000 players, making cardboard signs advertising "Project Reality, 50 vs 50 players. Tanks, APCs, jets, jeeps. Teamwork, Free to play at realitymod.com".

Look at how close you are to having tanks be able to ride on despite saying its not possible like many other things we eventually got. Put an invisible stable standing platform on the tank models meshed onto the model where you want it stable for infantry rides. I hope I am good at coming up with coding concept planning, would that work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oezwo16lXxk

Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2023-07-02 at 23:53..
Old 2023-07-03, 09:56   #6
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Cameras in vehicles and soldier camera work very differently. Vehicles support this feature as you can see in choppers (track-IR integration requires hacks). For soldiers it simply cannot work the same way. Especially considering the arms + gun are tied to the camera. Even if we could turn the camera away from move direction, the arms would move with it.
Now if someone really really really wanted to, they could probably hack it in, but the task would be massive amount of work for somewhat little gain. Turning in game is so quick and responsive, you do not really need free look to keep checking your surroundings.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
free look?