project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2023-07-07, 14:56   #11
Mdx00
Default Re: Update US uniforms to be more historically accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
US Airborne models should have painted faces, Mohawk hair cuts when kit dropped for invasion of Normandy layers, painted faces. Watch old footage of them getting ready.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x33r2nSk1h8&t=190s
good idea
Old 2023-07-07, 18:23   #12
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
US Airborne models should have painted faces, Mohawk hair cuts when kit dropped for invasion of Normandy layers, painted faces. Watch old footage of them getting ready.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x33r2nSk1h8&t=190s
Sorry, but where did you get the idea that US Airborne troops had Mohawk hair cuts?

Old 2023-07-08, 07:11   #13
Mdx00

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
Sorry, but where did you get the idea that US Airborne troops had Mohawk hair cuts?
Old 2023-07-08, 18:08   #14
SemlerPDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdx00 View Post
Thanks! But more to the point, these Filthy 13 of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division which you've shown a picture of were unconventional, and not a standard that ALL models should adhere to in a game. There were around half a million paratroopers and other airborne troops in WWII, and this group pictured accounts for only 0.004% of them.

This would be the equivalent of requesting that all WWII sniper models have a white feather in their cap, because Carlos "White Feather" Hathcock was known for his marksmanship with a sniper rifle and would sometimes wear a white feather in his hat as a symbol of his skills.

Just sayin'

Old 2023-07-10, 09:21   #15
Mdx00

Quote:
Thanks! But more to the point, these Filthy 13 of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division which you've shown a picture of were unconventional, and not a standard that ALL models should adhere to in a game. There were around half a million paratroopers and other airborne troops in WWII, and this group pictured accounts for only 0.004% of them.

This would be the equivalent of requesting that all WWII sniper models have a white feather in their cap, because Carlos "White Feather" Hathcock was known for his marksmanship with a sniper rifle and would sometimes wear a white feather in his hat as a symbol of his skills.

Just sayin'
yes, I think that the 101st should have normal haircut and classic facepaint (similar to modern USMC Tropical facepaint but black)

Real Colourised photo as reference:
Last edited by Mdx00; 2023-07-14 at 17:41..
Old 2023-07-10, 17:31   #16
SemlerPDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdx00 View Post
yes, I think that the 101th should have normal haircut and classic facepaint (similar to modern USMC Tropical facepaint but black)...
It's 101st (as in, One Hundred and First), not 101th (as in, One Hundred and Oneth)

(lol - no offense, couldn't help myself )

...and I agree.

Old 2023-07-14, 17:41   #17
Mdx00
Talking Re: Update US uniforms to be more historically accurate

Quote:
It's 101st (as in, One Hundred and First), not 101th (as in, One Hundred and Oneth)

(lol - no offense, couldn't help myself )

...and I agree.
yes sry just had to type fast and did not notice that lmao

Tags
historical, uniforms, usarmy, ww2