project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
08 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2023-08-08, 13:20   #1
Portiklee

Default About Donation

Hello.

As a project reality fan and veteran player, i tried to donate , but i couldnt find my country in payment section. ( i m from Turkey )

i wonder why.

is that intentionally mistake?

Thanks for helping.
Portiklee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-08, 18:17   #2
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: About Donation

Wait - is the donate button supposed to work? I assumed they turned it off years ago, because for years and years, the only page that Donate button links to (for me anyway) is this page ... note the URL at the top:

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-09, 11:22   #3
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portiklee View Post
Hello.

As a project reality fan and veteran player, i tried to donate , but i couldnt find my country in payment section. ( i m from Turkey )

i wonder why.

Thanks for helping.
Hi, our donations work through Paypal, I am not sure why it does not work in Turkey but it seems PayPal could not get a license from Turkey's bank regulation authority agency. So unfortunately it does not seem you will be able to donate that way. But thank you for considering it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
Wait - is the donate button supposed to work? I assumed they turned it off years ago, because for years and years, the only page that Donate button links to (for me anyway) is this page ... note the URL at the top:

That is weird Semler! Which button do you mean? The one in the header? Either way, they should all link to https://www.realitymod.com/forum/misc.php?do=donate indeed which for me (both logged in and logged out of the forums) provides me with the donation page. Could you try logging out and see if that helps?

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-09, 18:10   #4
SemlerPDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
That is weird Semler! Which button do you mean? The one in the header? Either way, they should all link to https://www.realitymod.com/forum/misc.php?do=donate indeed which for me (both logged in and logged out of the forums) provides me with the donation page. Could you try logging out and see if that helps?
Yes, the button on the header "DONATE" ... When mouse-over, the URL displayed as where it will link to shown in the bottom left of my browser (Chrome, updated to latest) is this:

There is definitely a discrepancy there ... no "misc.php?do=donate" ... though the URL when I arrive at that page is indeed "https://www.realitymod.com/forum/misc.php?do=donate"

I never tried logging out before, but in fact that works. When I am not logged in to this account such as using an incognito browser window, the Donate page shows correctly either by pasting the URL you shared OR using the DONATE button in the header. I've actually never seen that page before!! I honestly thought it didn't exist.

Cheers!

Old 2023-08-16, 18:48   #5
SemlerPDX

FYI - donate button still redirects (me, at least) to emojis page when logged in. Does this have something to do with varying permission levels for users in the Server Administrator group by chance?

Old 2023-08-18, 13:10   #6
williamramir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portiklee View Post
Hello.

i wonder why.

Thanks for helping.
I also tried to make a donation, but it didn't work out. Now I understand why, because I thought I was the only one with a problem.
Last edited by williamramir; 2023-08-23 at 16:18..
Old 2023-08-23, 14:22   #7
[R-DEV]​Senshi
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
FYI - donate button still redirects (me, at least) to emojis page when logged in. Does this have something to do with varying permission levels for users in the Server Administrator group by chance?
Mineral notified me about this. After some digging, I found that for an unknown reason, 11 forum users had faulty entries in the database for their additional usergroups. These were all license holders (server admin/mod). The faulty entry meant that permission checks would always result in failures, which in turn led to the seemingly random fallback redirect to the only allowed, visible "misc" page, which is the emoji page.

I fixed the usergroup entries in the DB, so everything should now work as expected for you.

@williamramir: You were not affected by this issue, so if you still have trouble with the donation system, something else must be broken. Can you provide additional info on the exact error message you get?

Senshi is offline Reply With Quote