project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
10 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2023-10-08, 21:26   #1
Bonvi
Supporting Member

Default Mercy bleed bugged on Fields of Kassel Lrg

Looks like the mercy bleed is not working on Fields of Kassel Lrg for Germans. In this game the US captured the last flag, and for the remaining 25 minutes of the game there was no ticket bleed.

Bonvi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-09, 13:53   #2
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: Mercy bleed bugged on Fields of Kassel Lrg

What is the problem? On Insurgency, the Insurgents need to manually kill the BLUFOR enemy without ticket bleed. All ticket bleed should be removed, it should be about who fights better and attrition rates.

Unless we bring back the 1500 - 2500 ticket matches 2 hour matches, that needs bleed. Now that we can accomplish combined arms breach, I feel some AAS isn't long enough like Masirah. I spent a lot of time driving 4 Boraghs with squad from carrier to battle.

Give the enemy one last chance to use all their assets in combined arms against a single flag, the most intense fighting. This will increase player retention, I know I leave when my itch for prolonged simulated combat doesn't get scratched.

I was playing and it was fun getting strafed by the BF109s and shooting small arms at them.

Only thing I wish for is supply planes to drop crates on WW2, cause we ran out of ammo shooting at planes, adds a new layer of using stealth with planes. The damage for planes vs small arms also needs to be looked at. The Argentinian propeller plane takes more damage from FN FAL than BF109 takes damage from M1, BAR, M1919.

I wouldn't know this if there was ticket bleed, because it put everyone at one flag for massive testing of lots of things.

The game doesn't need bleed, its meant to be played out. I wish bleed would be removed on all flags and maps because some of the last flags are the most fun locations we never get to fight at for prolonged periods.

The most fun locations like Vadso City Dam with the elevator, the Muttrah Fortress, Vadso Radar Facility and many others never get played because by the time you beat them back to those flags they are low on tickets, 100-300 tickets or less.

To use up 400 tickets you need 4 charges with 50 men, vehicles add extra tickets. Getting wounded is one ticket, giving up is another. 2 tickets per man, 50 men x 2 tickets =100 tickets +vehicle losses.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-09, 19:27   #3
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Mercy bleed bugged on Fields of Kassel Lrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
What is the problem?

The game doesn't need bleed, its meant to be played out. I wish bleed would be removed on all flags and maps because some of the last flags are the most fun locations we never get to fight at for prolonged periods.

Again, this is a but report thread, where a player is trying to let the developers know that an existing system which should be in place is not working correctly - not the place for some discussion about the existence of the thing which is not working or an essay on the concept of ticket bleed. Have you considered pottery? Or perhaps fly fishing?

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-10, 18:04   #4
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: Mercy bleed bugged on Fields of Kassel Lrg

I was playing that same map layout at the same time as him. He was giving his experience that he somehow didn't like the layout didn't have a mercy bleed.

I gave my experience about me liking that layout because lack of bleed, and how I wish all maps had no bleed because it was so fun.

Its a great last flag, which the best last flags we don't get to play because enemy already low on tickets plus bleed.

I was actually playing, enjoying myself and I delivered my opinion in a post on the entire subject. Expanding the issue from my enjoyable experience of the one map layout without ticket bleed to give my opinion.

Why have a whole other thread to give my opinion? Which it could also be done there but also could be done here in completion.

If they want ticket bleed, its almost like they don't like playing or simulating fighting, its like he plays for the bleed. I play for prolonged simulation.

But nobody says anything about insurgents having to manually remove all the tickets from BLUFOR without bleed, 800 tickets on Gaza which is the BLUFOR limit on how many infinite insurgents they can kill before losing.

Leaving a layout without ticket bleed, is a great way to get feedback on the contrast of bleed or no bleed.

Only one player complained and he appears to usually play on RU servers, no typical english player complained during or after the match anywhere or has yet to support his opinion.

(After thought suspicions- It is layout with last flag trench without ticket bleed on a combat simulation game, allowing for more trench simulation time. Maybe he doesn't want us having that)

I am not excluding ideas for other posts when it is on my mind, especially when it ties into issues out of the original post, goes like this.

No ticket bleed ----> Game lasts longer ----> Planes Strafing -----> Shooting at planes with rifles/small arms -----> Run out of ammo/scavenge ----->Logistics truck slow/takes long time ----> Supply plane please.

I might forget I thought of it, idea hits my mind then the fingers and keyboard. Like noticing plane damage differences on Falklands prop plane versus WW2 planes. Is it a bug or a feature? This will remind me to make a post if its needed.

Off topic but it has constructive benefits, hopefully seen and put into the back of a DEVs mind for consideration. It only makes it hard to find the written idea outside its own post, but its simple ideas the DEVs can recreate themselves.

Him saying this is a bug is suggesting it should have bleed like a suggestion, some bugs are suggestions something is wrong unless its confirmed to be a feature.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2023-10-10 at 18:24..
Old 2023-10-11, 08:54   #5
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Mercy bleed bugged on Fields of Kassel Lrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
I was playing that same map layout at the same time as him. He was giving his experience that he somehow didn't like the layout didn't have a mercy bleed.

I gave my experience about me liking that layout because lack of bleed, and how I wish all maps had no bleed because it was so fun.

Its a great last flag, which the best last flags we don't get to play because enemy already low on tickets plus bleed.

I was actually playing, enjoying myself and I delivered my opinion in a post on the entire subject. Expanding the issue from my enjoyable experience of the one map layout without ticket bleed to give my opinion.

Why have a whole other thread to give my opinion? Which it could also be done there but also could be done here in completion.

If they want ticket bleed, its almost like they don't like playing or simulating fighting, its like he plays for the bleed. I play for prolonged simulation.

But nobody says anything about insurgents having to manually remove all the tickets from BLUFOR without bleed, 800 tickets on Gaza which is the BLUFOR limit on how many infinite insurgents they can kill before losing.

Leaving a layout without ticket bleed, is a great way to get feedback on the contrast of bleed or no bleed.

Only one player complained and he appears to usually play on RU servers, no typical english player complained during or after the match anywhere or has yet to support his opinion.

(After thought suspicions- It is layout with last flag trench without ticket bleed on a combat simulation game, allowing for more trench simulation time. Maybe he doesn't want us having that)

I am not excluding ideas for other posts when it is on my mind, especially when it ties into issues out of the original post, goes like this.

No ticket bleed ----> Game lasts longer ----> Planes Strafing -----> Shooting at planes with rifles/small arms -----> Run out of ammo/scavenge ----->Logistics truck slow/takes long time ----> Supply plane please.

I might forget I thought of it, idea hits my mind then the fingers and keyboard. Like noticing plane damage differences on Falklands prop plane versus WW2 planes. Is it a bug or a feature? This will remind me to make a post if its needed.

Off topic but it has constructive benefits, hopefully seen and put into the back of a DEVs mind for consideration. It only makes it hard to find the written idea outside its own post, but its simple ideas the DEVs can recreate themselves.

Him saying this is a bug is suggesting it should have bleed like a suggestion, some bugs are suggestions something is wrong unless its confirmed to be a feature.
A friendly reminder that this section is for bug reports, not feedback. There is a section for feedback.

Issue has been reported.

Last edited by Arab; 2023-10-11 at 09:03..