project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion > PR:WWII Suggestions
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2021-03-19, 22:01   #1
dcm
Default Increase the availability of automatic weaponry

Please increase the number of automatic weaponry available, especially for the german team who need it badly. Because garand > kar98k. I'd give each teams breacher the option of having a submachine gun. The german spotter should have a G43. The automatic rifleman should always have a submachine gun alt option with both frag and smoke grenades. Alt grenadiers for both teams should be like the vietnamese grenadier, submachine with extra hand grenades. I really like the FG42 I want to see it on more maps. Possibly as a machine gunner alt?
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 13:27   #2
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: Increase the availability of automatic weaponry

Both Wehrmacht and Fallschirmjäger factions are overequipped with special weaponry as is. Games like Call of Duty(the good ones) or Day Of Defeat don't adhere to the actual weapon availability as they can artifically balance the weapons among themselves until every weapon has a roughly equal chance of winning a shootout versus any other. Our MO is completely different. You work together to win, and if you don't, you ain't winning, simple as that.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-05, 04:13   #3
Kavelenko
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
Both Wehrmacht and Fallschirmjäger factions are overequipped with special weaponry as is. Games like Call of Duty(the good ones) or Day Of Defeat don't adhere to the actual weapon availability as they can artifically balance the weapons among themselves until every weapon has a roughly equal chance of winning a shootout versus any other. Our MO is completely different. You work together to win, and if you don't, you ain't winning, simple as that.
Amen to that.
Kavelenko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-05, 22:08   #4
dcm1

Quote:
It's a videogame. It has to be balanced. Authenticity is one thing, Realism is another. I dont care how many MP40s, MG42s or G43s were issued per battalion. I care that they were issued at all. And how each squad can get ahold of them.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 10:27   #5
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

If you truly are unable to succeed with the current loadout then that's primarily an issue with your ability to play the game properly or your ability to lead a PR squad. The only cure for that is to improve.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 19:47   #6
dcm1

Quote:
If you truly are unable to succeed with the current loadout then that's primarily an issue with your ability to play the game properly or your ability to lead a PR squad. The only cure for that is to improve.
It's hard to succeed when a single M1 garand mogs an entire german squad. It's too easy to run up and wipe an entire german squad by yourself. I know, I've done it before.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-08, 11:11   #7
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: Increase the availability of automatic weaponry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm1 View Post
It's hard to succeed when a single M1 garand mogs an entire german squad. It's too easy to run up and wipe an entire german squad by yourself. I know, I've done it before.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm1 View Post
It's a videogame. It has to be balanced. Authenticity is one thing, Realism is another. I dont care how many MP40s, MG42s or G43s were issued per battalion. I care that they were issued at all. And how each squad can get ahold of them.
First of all, once Red Army is released next update, there will be less issues with this due to bolt actions vs bolt actions. I have a feeling the Red Army and Wehrmacht are equally balanced by having the same kits as bolt actions/SMGs/MGs.

2 suggestions, we have had this talk before.

1.) Either transfer the SL position around until everyone has MP40/STG/G43 rifles, save for machine guns, medics and anti-tank. <--- There is short version of suggestion one. I never done it, as I prefer to teach adaptability to the weapons. Problem is, I say hit and run, but its a game so people don't run.

2.) Steady stream of bolt action fire suppression at all signs of enemy/distraction noise making for friendly under enemy fire pressure. Make sure suppression is effective by instructing squad to "aim at height of a man" which is grazing fire upon level terrain or each level of un-even terrain.

Move up or withdraw full squad completely as needed, you will not need to respawn for next attack if you retreat right when things get bad. A new attempt for minimal or no ticket losses. When retreating, once you get to your meet up marker, 1 man per tree, 1 man hit per grenade formation, camouflage up, don't move/make noise, listen for enemy footsteps. Sound effects at 100%. When I give the order "freeze" this is what it means.

Attack will not cost tickets this way probe the enemies position for fighting response, gauge the enemy fighting skill, minimize time on attacks to reduce risk of getting killed. Time on target minimized, without these tactics you can just get into position to kill enemy like normal. But retreat because you have worse weapons (guerilla warfare 101, lesson 1).

Let enemy get guard down and comfortable again, not when they are immediately paranoid ready to gun somebody. Prolong this stress, they will make a mistake or not be able to think clearly through stress to fight you. Invest in super FOB machine guns. The MG42 is like bug spray for anything in bushes, forests and urban corners.

Use full capability of bullet, on a scale between "Fear-Kill", on a scale between 1 to 10, how effective is your bullet going to effect the enemy? Kill is a 10/10 bullet effect. Fear is 1/10 bullet effect. Wounded right in the middle. Bullet is a weapon that kills, fear is a weapon that controls.

Control them with fear and lethal effects of bullets to kill them. Steady stream of rifle fire. Take pressure off the machine gunners. Fire and move away from last source of noise location you made.

I take what I say from this, WW2 veteran interviews and reading the history. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDZMJXaADQI

If one American can take out a full squad of Germans, whether its within 3-10 seconds or 30-60 seconds, that comes down to ALL squad leaders but me tolerating their squad not spreading out in many forms, not taking cover either, "be eye level with sights and your cover" to show no more than your head. We will get into the weapons below, as this "spreading out" is a problem I see regardless of era, regardless of simulation or real life. Many other issues I will cover below

Longer version of tactical issues on part of squad leader lack of instruction (which what you instruct you would hope is common sense "spread out, explosives exist in this game" , but common sense isn't that common)---------------------------

If they listen and use every detail I teach together, they will survive unless the enemy can counter the tactics with compensation overkill, which can be anticipated and avoided.
For hand grenade danger mitigation, you run out of enemy grenade range, one problem solved till they get closer. Whether alone or part of attacking squad, I waste the enemies ammo (if supplies not nearby for them, even then they have to use it) by surviving.

Its only by chance I can escape the 1 bullet per sq inch/centimeter and grenades being thrown in response to my hit and run attacks. I intend to waste their grenades, some mags, patches and syringes.

Half the time, to reduce risk of me getting killed I use fear, I just manipulate the enemy by shooting at them from different compass directions to them. I start by moving around them, get them worried about north going away from objective to search for a measly guerilla kill, then I go south. I make them think its more than one if there is a second kit to fire I can scavenge as I move.

The 1-5 second sprint/prone rush Individual Movement Technique to get away, zig-zag as running in a straight line is as bad as sitting still, steady stream of bolt action suppression (suppression does not need to be automatic continuous, single shot suppression is more psychological effect over varying lengths of time dependent on man being shot at).

With bolt action rifles, there are many benefits to its steady stream of rifle fire suppression it can provide. Give a player bolt action guns in this kind of game, where if they played anything ever like Call Of Duty, fast paced Battlefield, they have a bad habit of only go for accurate fire targets and stop shooting once they stop seeing enemy.

Not suppressing takes pressure off enemy to peek again, could result in accurate fire death for him if instantly spotted peeking or for your guys if enemy not spotted re-emerging. I weigh out suppression versus letting enemy get comfortable.

Even though he is still around the corner, below the window or even more reason to shoot still in a bush.

This leads me to know and believe every time I hear gun shots in Project Reality, somebody is directly being targeted. Another issue is players hear enemy shooting, but the enemy body is not in view. So in other words no accurate target is being presented because the enemy is camouflaging by position right, so the friendly is just sitting there watching tracers fly from behind cover or concealment camouflage watching friendlies get shot.

Shows a lack of combat knowledge, which people new to the game accuse me of knowing nothing simply because "You are wasting ammo"..."You are shooting at nothing".."You don't know if anything is there".."is there something there?", even though they personally don't EVER use all the ammo in their kit before dying. I never run out of ammo because I scavenge or go back for ammo, unlimited can be called from main base.

Its called combat techniques of fire. Grazing fire, plunging fire, recon by fire to get enemy to respond giving off location when I didn't know they were there (I called this probing fire before reading the concept I learned by experience on my own), searching fire, traversing fire, fixed fire and free fire. But also projectile beaten zone angles of frontal (\T/), oblique(/|) and enfilade fire (--=) along lengths of trenches, tree lines.

I read this at least once a year. https://www.globalsecurity.org/milit...-22-68/c05.htm

Reasons to suppress and shoot in general that players don't intentionally do include distracting by making noise for each other.

2.) Steady stream of bolt action fire suppression at all signs of enemy/distraction noise making for friendly under enemy fire pressure. Move up or withdraw completely as needed, you will not need to respawn for next attack. Attack will not cost tickets this way probe the enemies position for fighting response, gauge the enemy fighting skill, minimize time on attacks to reduce risk of getting killed. Time on target, without these tactics you can get into position to kill. Let enemy get guard down and comfortable again, not immediately paranoid ready to gun somebody down.

Nobody ever retreats a full squad in this game, partially because the squad doesn't listen. They sit there shooting until they are dead, they ignore you in silence like they are smarter than the squad leader. Your squad is just kit access to them.

Give order 3 times in a row within 10 seconds. Say the problem players name, order them directly. Any back talk, any ignoring, any more than "just 1 more kill" or if they get wounded not listening, give one them 1 chance to correct next attempt then just kick them from squad. If everyone did everything right 100% of the time, it would 4 hours or more to beat a team with close matches.

If one American can take out a full squad of Germans, whether its within 3-10 seconds or 30-60 seconds, that comes down to ALL squad leaders but me tolerating their squad not spreading out in many forms, not taking cover either, "be eye level with sights and your cover" to show no more than your head. We will get into the weapons below, as this "spreading out" is a problem I see regardless of era, regardless of simulation or real life.

Also, when you say spread out (if you actually do, many SLs don't), the squad members go different directions out of view of each other, so they can't see what is happening to each other so they can save that person.

Even if in view of each other, if an enemy is shooting at a friendly just out of angle of a supporting friendly, the supporting friendly doesn't even try to snap rounds past the body of enemy that is out of angle. Call Of Duty and any similar, where you only shoot enemies you can see, create this issue and type of person.

Also people sit there trying to look for somebody already shooting at them from unknown spots. When both an enemy and friendly are shooting at each other, most of the time they just sit there in a shooting competition of who can shoot who first more accurately instead of bailing away to cover.

Nobody, including you and your enemy wants to die right then and there, they don't have to either. You can just leave them, they will make mistake and die by somebody else later.

Another issue to squash, stop looking at each other to talk when you have radios. I see friendlies looking at friendlies more than I see them scanning for enemy. This makes them miss spotting enemy or target opportunities to take a shot. They sit there, bunched up, basically kissing or nodding their heads against each other.

Like that stupid habit, and similar habits somehow entertains or amuses these people who could be mistaken for intelligent creatures if they didn't spam "blehhhhh" or "reeeeeeeeeee" at the ends of rounds to indicate what is currently in their brain. Just those noises or music to spam. When people like me try to touch on issues why we lost or where we could do better, they drown it out. When the server is full, we could do with thinning out un-intelligent trash.

Next is failure to adapt to the weapons. Kill one, use his body as medic bait, moving to put yourself in new ambush position due to possible grenade response at sound you make. Or kill one then run away or around to another position. Detect close enemy using ears before eyes. Examples of squad leader failures to instruct their squads to mitigate damage done by enemy in attacks:

1st FOB and all FOBs I do, even if I know its 100% safe due to being early in the match. 2 guys dig, rest on security is my standard. Even the medics bunch up around the guys digging, just watching, looking at their friendlies dig instead of looking where enemy is.

Same thing on repeat. I used to yell at MFs straight up ignoring, but now I just kick them and lock the squad for ignoring me, now they are in middle of nowhere with a random squad.

Control your squad with your only real consequence, kicking, cutting off liabilities who ignore you bunching up with one good long time squad members who intends to be spread out.

The bad player who doesn't spread out, makes the good player in my squad who does spread out look bad. Until I realized only the person moving closer is the issue aside from the good player not reminding them to spread out to keep me off their case about it.

1st tactic failure regardless of weapons, not spreading out, otherwise nobody can use any type of tactic when everyone is getting shot at in one spot. I seen machine guns of every era in game wipe out entire squads starting with guys closest to each other.

I always say "1 man per piece of cover".

Then even more importantly for specific tasking, like 1 man digs each thing. This gets it done all at the same time roughly, I just have to run the line placing stuff as squad leader. Anti-artillery area attack spread on all assets, so hopefully a super FOB sector is saved.

Also not bunching everyone up to build a single asset for a grenade to be thrown at sound of digging. Nothing to dig? Run and inspect weapon emplacement ammo, reload them.

It looks stupid when I see 8 guys running from emplacement to emplacement to dig it all up in 10 seconds, risking grenade/rocket/tank shells/mortars. When 8 could be done at once, medic drops kit at foxhole, grabs shovel then digs. They nows have 2 kits.

But people can't listen to even one basic simple fighting instruction, I have a feeling using even a few aspects of German tactics together as a squad will be hard for them.

One example is "stay crouched in foxholes".

One day playing Ia Drang in 2016/2017 or 2018 I had every single weapon type in my foxhole because everyone who came into it didn't stay crouched, didn't have same discipline as me to stay crouched and I saw a huge weapon reward for it.

Enemy shot them first while I am dodging every bullet, putting my crouched body behind the foxhole turrets which perfectly conceal crouched bodies. I had an M60, shotgun, M79 grenade launcher, LAW rocket launcher, M14, M16, 1911 pistol plus endless hand and smoke grenades. Pretty much everything but claymore mines. I called crates directly to my foxhole and had a great time.

At one point while alone I threw smoke grenades 360 degrees around so enemy couldn't see what they were running towards and their brown NVA uniforms stood out against the white smoke. This was when they were charging my foxhole 2-3 at a time, they did eventually get me of course. Before people adapted to me as a weapon, I was killing left and right.

Unlike other people, I actually learn from this game, real life and my mistakes. Getting jumped and robbed in 2013, I already knew danger could be around every corner or behind every bush (they came from behind a hedge). News stories of random un-provoked ambush attacks, just somebody hiding behind bushes or around corners.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2024-01-08 at 11:23..