project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2024-01-25, 18:16   #1
[R-COM]M.MCC
PR Community Faction Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Lightbulb [vehicle Concept] IRAN F4D/E

Hi everyone, this is an updated progress post on the F4 fighter plane made specifically for the Iranian faction I created. Later, the model artist in the team will update his progress results again, as well as some of the various problems encountered.
M.MCC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-25, 23:45   #2
[R-CON]​Krayt
PR:BF2 Contributor

Default Re: [vehicle Concept] IRAN F4D/E

Hello everyone, I'm Kasphet aka Krayt (on discord and in-game) and this is the first part of the F4-D/E Phantom II modeling process update.

I've been able to model the canopy and parts of the nose so far, the tri count is 1414 and the vert count is 742. Trying to keep it as low poly as possible but keeping the necessary details as well.
Here are some screenshots of the model so far:

will greatly appreciate your feedbacks!

-kasout
Krayt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 21:59   #3
[R-CON]​Krayt

Alright folks, back with an update
the modeling process is almost done. only details like slats, landing gears, armament etc remains.
7k tris so far

will appreciate your feedbacks!

-kasout
Old 2024-01-31, 11:48   #4
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

can't give any feedback without visible edges and number of tris this model has. But you gotta keep overall tris number(including wheels and all the details) under 10k tris. 3rd person view(vehicle exterior) and 1p view (cockpit interior) must be 2 different meshes, each no more than 10k tris. Look at the bf2mesh models from game folder in the "bf2meshvewer" app for pointers on how to model vehicles.
Also, you should 3d model in the 3dsmax software preferably not newer than version 2016, cuz export into game is done from 3dsmax. You can model in different app then move it to 3ds max but that usually causes a number of issues in the model that needs to be fixed in the 3dsmax anyway.

Last edited by Hokunin; 2024-01-31 at 11:55..
Old 2024-01-31, 17:54   #5
[R-CON]​Krayt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokunin View Post
can't give any feedback without visible edges and number of tris this model has. But you gotta keep overall tris number(including wheels and all the details) under 10k tris. 3rd person view(vehicle exterior) and 1p view (cockpit interior) must be 2 different meshes, each no more than 10k tris. Look at the bf2mesh models from game folder in the "bf2meshvewer" app for pointers on how to model vehicles.
Also, you should 3d model in the 3dsmax software preferably not newer than version 2016, cuz export into game is done from 3dsmax. You can model in different app then move it to 3ds max but that usually causes a number of issues in the model that needs to be fixed in the 3dsmax anyway.
First, tnx for your reply. really love all the work you've done for the game.

yes I totally forgot to include wireframes in this update, will keep in mind to include them in the next one. I did in fact include the tris count in this post tho, it's around 7k tris so far.

and yep already checked out some of the in-game models and have some sort of understanding on how geom0, geom1 and geom2 work. Though I'm still not sure how they're gonna be imported into the game, gotta check out the related posts in forums.

about the software. I've only ever used Blender so switching to 3DS MAX would be kinda hard for me. I'm planning to get 3DS MAX for exporting the models into the game, but I think I'll be better off doing the main modeling in Blender and fixing things up in max, as you said.

anyways, tnx again for your insights!
Old 2024-02-02, 18:44   #6
[R-CON]​Krayt

This'll (hopefully) be the last update in the modeling process
Could finish it with 15k tris, 9.5k verts

and here's how it'll look like in the final game with full armament:
cannon + AIM-7 Sparrow anti air missiles for the pilot
3 Mk82 bombs + 2 AGM-65 Maverick laser guided missiles for the co pilot

Old 2024-02-03, 03:59   #7
InchPincherToo

It looks great, man. Keep up the good work!

I was hoping this would replace some MEC assets entirely in future, but seems it's gonna be supplementary one (which is better, means more content and no removal, according Mats in Iran topic)
InchPincherToo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-03, 19:10   #8
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

Looks great!

You probably don't need to model bombs and rockets, they probably are already in the game and can be attached separately, bf2pr developers might clarify it, I dunno.
17k(15k) tris probably too high, you didn't yet model the simpler version of the interior for 3p too as seen in the images. You might wanna find ways to optimize it toward 10k or 11k. However, maybe these days a higher tris vehicles are imported too, so again, currently active developers can update you on that tris number limits.

P.S.: priority wise for the Iran faction, maybe logi trucks are more needed, cuz they would be on every map, in comparison to attack jets which could be only in certain big maps and hardly any footsoldier player can see those jets flying in the skies.

Hokunin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-03, 19:28   #9
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Is this the same model as the A4 Phantom from the Eve of Destruction mod? (of which PR can use all assets)

I don't know what quality the EOD model is though .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-25, 08:43   #10
[R-CON]​Krayt

sorry for the super late reply folks, didn't check the forums for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by InchPincherToo View Post
It looks great, man. Keep up the good work!

I was hoping this would replace some MEC assets entirely in future, but seems it's gonna be supplementary one (which is better, means more content and no removal, according Mats in Iran topic)
thank you for your support!
yeah the factions will co-exist but Iran might replace MEC in some of the map layers (such as Kashan, if it doesn't get removed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokunin View Post
Looks great!

You probably don't need to model bombs and rockets, they probably are already in the game and can be attached separately, bf2pr developers might clarify it, I dunno.
17k(15k) tris probably too high, you didn't yet model the simpler version of the interior for 3p too as seen in the images. You might wanna find ways to optimize it toward 10k or 11k. However, maybe these days a higher tris vehicles are imported too, so again, currently active developers can update you on that tris number limits.

P.S.: priority wise for the Iran faction, maybe logi trucks are more needed, cuz they would be on every map, in comparison to attack jets which could be only in certain big maps and hardly any footsoldier player can see those jets flying in the skies.
thanks for your kind words!

yep the armament will be added later via coding, was just trying to show how it'll looks with full weaponry.
I've talked with current devs about the tri count and apparently up to 20k tris is acceptable now.

and yes you're totally right about the priorities, was just too excited about the faction so I just jumped on what I liked the most about it lol. been working on the truck for a couple of weeks now, our team leader have posted some wip pictures of it in the main Iranian Army thread.

thank you again for your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterDune View Post
Is this the same model as the A4 Phantom from the Eve of Destruction mod? (of which PR can use all assets)

I don't know what quality the EOD model is though .
hey! No this is modelled exclusively for pr by me. just checked out this EOD mod, and yes it indeed has a low quality F4 lol.
Last edited by Krayt; 2024-02-25 at 08:54..

Tags
vehicle