project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2024-03-16, 12:22   #1
Anglo_
Question Change up the vehicles on Ramiel Large

The vehicle selection for ramiel large makes the map pretty much unvotable. I see the vision there with having all the Landrovers but most people in this game don't know how to use technical's and so just don't bother with them or end up using them like idiots. Therefore Ramiel large is really just Ramiel inf with the British faction.

So I suggest giving the Brits a few of there other vehicles like a few Panthers or maybe a couple of APC's. Or perhaps 1 tank?

Then in exchange take away a load of the Landrovers and perhaps give the militia an AA truck or something for balance

Nobody knows how to use technicals and just makes attacking the city impossible with just inf and a load of techis no one uses properly. I think giving the Bongs some better vehicles will make it more balanced and give Ramiel Large a chance in map votes
Anglo_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-22, 21:33   #2
botfragger
Talking Re: Change up the vehicles on Ramiel Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglo_ View Post
The vehicle selection for ramiel large makes the map pretty much unvotable. I see the vision there with having all the Landrovers but most people in this game don't know how to use technical's and so just don't bother with them or end up using them like idiots. Therefore Ramiel large is really just Ramiel inf with the British faction.

So I suggest giving the Brits a few of there other vehicles like a few Panthers or maybe a couple of APC's. Or perhaps 1 tank?

Then in exchange take away a load of the Landrovers and perhaps give the militia an AA truck or something for balance

Nobody knows how to use technicals and just makes attacking the city impossible with just inf and a load of techis no one uses properly. I think giving the Bongs some better vehicles will make it more balanced and give Ramiel Large a chance in map votes

Really? I think the British layer in Ramiel is one of the best INS layers in the game. It's balanced, making BLUFOR play like a real squad where assets don't just spoon-feed the infantry, unlike every CAS layer. It's even better than the Grozny layer. Maybe if they wanted to buff the British layer, they could add an IFV that is not respawnable.
botfragger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-01, 20:07   #3
Anglo_
Default Re: Change up the vehicles on Ramiel Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by botfragger View Post
Really? I think the British layer in Ramiel is one of the best INS layers in the game. It's balanced, making BLUFOR play like a real squad where assets don't just spoon-feed the infantry, unlike every CAS layer. It's even better than the Grozny layer. Maybe if they wanted to buff the British layer, they could add an IFV that is not respawnable.
Annoyingly I had a really good game on Ramiel large the other day lol. I do think the large layout is good, but it's lack of any assets does make it hard for BLUFOR (I personally find Ramiel seems hard for BLUFOR even on the asset variants) so it means it just doesn't get played much, especially as its a wasteland for asset players.
Anglo_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-02, 09:36   #4
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglo_ View Post
Annoyingly I had a really good game on Ramiel large the other day lol. I do think the large layout is good, but it's lack of any assets does make it hard for BLUFOR (I personally find Ramiel seems hard for BLUFOR even on the asset variants) so it means it just doesn't get played much, especially as its a wasteland for asset players.
IMO, every INS layer of every map should be hard for BLUFOR. That's the price of getting all the modern toys. The game mode is asymmetric not only by assets and kits but also in terms of win/loss ratio. It should always favor insurgents to keep INS side interesting and rewarding despite of technologically inferior weapons and assets.
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-03, 21:41   #5
botfragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_noob View Post
IMO, every INS layer of every map should be hard for BLUFOR. That's the price of getting all the modern toys. The game mode is asymmetric not only by assets and kits but also in terms of win/loss ratio. It should always favor insurgents to keep INS side interesting and rewarding despite of technologically inferior weapons and assets.
agree. I even think that BLUFOR, with already scoped rifles, should not have any sniper or marksman kits anymore. I mean, why would they be camping with a 6x scope when the objective is to push the cache.
botfragger is offline Reply With Quote