project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
10 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2024-04-06, 16:56   #1
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default Unable to use X-Fi UltraHigh audio on supported system

This is not show stopper because I can still play on lower settings, and I might be the only person facing this issue, but I decided to report it anyway.

I currently use OpenAL Soft (with a thid-party HRTF) to provide headphone virtual surround sounds for PR, vanilla BF2 and BF2124. OpenAL Soft can emulate X-Fi UltraHigh hardware for these games but PR Launcher does not allow me to use the settings.

Here are couple of screenshots. First one is from vanilla BF2, showing that my setup is indeed valid for the game engine itself. Everything works and sounds good. Second screenshot is from PR launcher. The Ignore checkbox does not help. Same dialog keeps on coming back regardless and game won't launch until I switch back to regular high audio. So the issue is the non-ignoring Ignore. Could you please see if it can be fixed?

Like I said, this does not prevent me from playing but I still would like to use maxed-out settings.

bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote