project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2024-04-25, 12:02   #1
mido_

Default im getting bored of the game

is there any addon mods or packs i can download to play offline in coop and how do i increase the number of bots in a single player coop match
mido_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-30, 03:05   #2
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: im getting bored of the game

There are lots of ways to be bored in Project Reality if you cannot think of things to do.

Here is my list of things to do when bored.

1.) Follow enemy ground vehicles in my vehicle seeing what happens

2.) Playing dead for kills and psychological thrills against enemy, leaving them shaken

3.) Climbing trees for kills in objective

4.) Building massive Anti-artillery super FOBs, so wide that area attack or mortars only destroys part of it

5.) Lead randoms in the objective who don't have a squad leader with 1 man per piece of cover tactics

6.) start suppressing enemy areas of the map

7.) If nobody is defending, be the lone defender for a realistic 1 vs 8+ experiences

8.) Do transport squad from air/ground

9.) Practice tactical driving with a gun jeep

10.) research, re-word then apply and teach real life military skills like camouflage, grazing fire, formations set by explosive threats for letting people know how far to spread out. Certain logic like all tanks + APC + logistics supply/repairs + anti-air vehicles + jeeps + superFOBs in view of the objectives.

11.) Be the commander using the full mapping tool kit in new ways, Alpha-Golf Waypoints for designating quick call out reference points for anything seen on UAV.

12.) Hit and run tactics against the enemy, more for psychological effect cause I barely wound 1 and they always get revived

13.) Building roadblocks on AAS or INS

14.) Take sniper kits in view of an active objective

15.) overall immersing myself in some way

16.) Practicing being un-killable in simulated combat even while doing things you shouldn't do if you want to survive. I used to be better at this, always keeping distance from the enemy by considering they move the same speed as me and almost always towards me.

17.) Sit back, relax, defend, eat, immerse myself in the waiting of this game. Like if I am defending but we just keep getting flags without enemy attacking

18.) Playing on the losing team to traumatize myself and play dead

19.) teaching tactics so people don't do the same things on repeat when they could try something epic and new at least once.

Like playing maps the same way everytime, instead of going into the city on Burning Sands or any very defensible map, every infantry squad should build a super FOB for a total of 6 HMG/3 Anti-air/3 ATGM/2 mortars. Going for minimal casualties and stalemating enemy, keeping them back then hitting their locations with artillery.

Take joy in what you accomplish psychologically against the enemy keeping them back tactically. You put them in demoralized fear and hesitation out of domination.

Some things to make this game more fun, its adding realism or making small changes if possible. Like civilian rock throwing crowds defending a road block for the cache. Which you can already do, but the problem is the breacher shotgun can very quickly arrest everyone instantly mowing down civilians and armed insurgents alike. Rocks are only powerful if used in a crowd, people miss a lot.

A lone wolfing BLUFOR breacher on INS is overpowered in this way against civilians and a breacher with a full squad takes away the need for cuffs. Many more negative aspects to this, which take away fun and hilarious opportunities which are very realistic. Which is why we need the shotgun to only remove STAMINA from civilians, so they can still throw rocks and have a chance to be saved from arrest. Better yet give different ammo for buckshot, door breaching slug and bean bags.

This aspect completely takes away this very realistic and tactically flexible experience where you can cause psychological frustration based on the ROE.

Like having weapon kits on the ground in the crowd, an armed insurgent drops their kit and mixes in with similar looking insurgents to wait out his civilian timer for 2 minutes so hopefully a BLUFOR sniper doesn't single him out as the most recently armed insurgent who just joined the crowd. This could bring tension to the game and slow down INS play realistically.

Makes the breachers less over powered and less dreaded by civilians like the breacher is the grim reaper, when really its just a riot control shotgun tool.

Its a whole new activity people can do in the game. They already improved it a bit by allowing civilians to drag without being effected by ROE. But this would take it to a whole new level of fun and footage. This is not just some regular FPS game.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2024-04-30 at 03:22..
Old 2024-04-30, 09:10   #3
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: im getting bored of the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido_ View Post
is there any addon mods or packs i can download to play offline in coop and how do i increase the number of bots in a single player coop match
You can increase bots in local by editing file:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...18#post1993218

pretty sure that still works, but make backup of file.

Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-01, 02:27   #4
dcm1

Man I wish PR had a custom server tab, like squad does. So I could run a 100 man gungame shitshow. It's way more fun than it sounds.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-01, 12:54   #5
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

I don't think there is anything stopping admins from running gungame on full servers.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-01, 19:46   #6
dcm1

Customization is what I meant.

I would love a 100 man gungame on an entire map, like fallujah. Or have custom factions on muttrah. Kafr Halab, techie only vehicle warfare. Etc, Etc.
Old 2024-05-01, 22:37   #7
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

We already have too many arcade players.
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-02, 02:28   #8
dcm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_noob View Post
We already have too many arcade players.
The 'arcade players' are what keep games populated.
Old 2024-05-03, 06:11   #9
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: im getting bored of the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm1 View Post
The 'arcade players' are what keep games populated.
They must learn to survive, using the common sense of knowing what exists like camouflage or if never taught the common sense of hide and seek, then remembering to use the tactics with limited assets in a way that maximizes security, control, chaos, mutual support and firepower.

You must play like you are Michael Bay making an epic military movie scene, but clean cutting everything tactically correct as possible to the best perfection a player can provide for realism, extending their player models life and epic simulated traumatizing experiences.

They need to either learn themselves or be taught. "Sweep, double sweep, fire deep aimed at height of a man until you see something" teaches grazing fire domination as an instruction. You know "1 man per piece of cover" now, which to lessen casualties further is "1 man hit per RPG formation" which sets a visualization instruction of spread and spacing to accomplish.

To reach the full potential in this game, you must research, then find ways to re-word it into brief easy to understand instructions with simple words that get around language barriers.

This game is a Project not just for the DEVs to make it great, but for the players to do their part for that.

I really don't get it, I learned relatively fast through the chaos, to make it less un-predictably chaotic and more of a controlled chaos that is understood. Down to the smallest details. That is on my end. I forensically look at bodies in Project Reality. How many, how close, what kits, what is around them they could have used like a bush or micro-terrain defilade.

Even not sitting still for enemy as a solution, I find a body behind a piece of cover out of angle to the enemy, I just know they were sitting still trying to aim. Its giving into that basic FPS 50/50 chance seeing who can hit who first without anybody dodging. Fire and move applies at all levels, individual, buddy, squad and brigade. Running in a straight line is just as bad as sittiing still, especially running directly away or to the enemy.

When you move as a player around your environment being shot at, I want you to visualize exactly what the enemy sees from that specific angle in relation to how you move around cover and make bullets miss by dodging aim or moving out of flight path in a split second.

Second to second detailed combat awareness, like a combat quantum computer, which is your biological brain made of atoms inhabited by EMF neurological electrical brain activity waves of our universe. You scan aggressively with eyes, ears directionally, focus on potential and actual current threats.

Here is an interesting read, I have seen syncronization on multiple levels of players experiencing the same environment reciprocating support perfectly by understanding the ever changing second to second needs of another person without even communicating. Their brain is empathetically tuned to the intensity of a team mate in trouble, they distract. Its hard to keep this up. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8146693/

You move your mouse to aim at enemy, so keep moving but eratically but calculatedly controlled to use the current environment to move through in the safest manner. To make them miss cause they have to move their mouse.

So many little things to learn. I remember one of the first concepts I learned playing this game, every inch of cover counts, you must have "eyes on your feet looking out". Meaning if you want to ensure you are in cover, put your head where your feet are, if you can see a place, that place can see you. Just perfectly hugging cover with other friendlies.

Very quickly, in less than a year of playing I developed "1 man per piece of cover" to solve the issue of bunching up. There is a psychology to it I have been examining, sometimes its "just the best biggest cover", but there are more difficult pieces of cover to work with angle wise, cover to cover movement wise, dodging bullets and such. Also a psychological comfort of closeness.

It seems like a lot, but all aspects come together in one big picture, from the individual to the team level. Scan aggressively mentality, high security by distraction of multiple aggressive targets that are suppressing the enemy with overkill.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2024-05-03 at 06:19..