project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
13 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2024-01-16, 23:47   #1
dcm1
Default Ramiel AAS

The map has potential, but it's ruined by a horrible flag layout, which leaves two halves of the map barren and devoid of any player activity. The US team's nonsensical assets and delays to acquire them. And a bleed mechanic that's too punitive from the get-go.

I see a great potential in the map. But the map needs to be treated seriously.

1. Flags

The problems with the flag layout are fault of the map design. Not being optimized for AAS. No, Ramiel would make more sense as a classic battlefield style conquest map. But since that's not an option. I would open up the map a bit. Add three more flags.

First flag should be docks in K11/L11

Second flag should be somewhere on the west side of the map. Possibly C3?

Third flag should be at the entrance of the city around A6/B6

ARF should start off with all flags but Docks and G6. ARF needs to cap G6 first.

The US team should have to cap the docks in K11/L11 first. If the ARF caps it then the US bleeds.

2. Assets

The US team needs to have it's proper assets. No Vab or m48 patton. The US needs to have 2x strykers just like on the INS layer spawn from the get go. One .50 cal, and 1 MK.19 GMG. They should also get a tank, but it has to be delayed 20 minutes and should respawn. The US team needs a couple humvees too. 2x with .50 cals and 2x transport humvees. All US assets should respawn.

The ARF would need to be buffed accordingly. A second SPG techie would be nice. But this techie should be delayed 15 minutes and have the customary 10 minute respawn. I would also add an AAV ZSU truck. To deal with air assets. And scatter a couple of civi cars and bikes all around the city too.

3. Alternative Layers

Ramiel needs alternative layers. You know what would be fun on ramiel AAS? Canadians, China and possibly Mec. I know it's not realistic but it would be sure as hell fun.

4. Easter Egg Assets

I know this a long shot. But I think it would be cool that when a team caps the docks an easter egg of sorts vehicle spawns. Maybe an M113 apc for the US team? And a bomb truck big red for the ARF team? Something along those lines.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-17, 14:12   #2
robert357

Default Re: Ramiel AAS

STD AAS is based on the battle of Mogadishu that why there are Pattons (Pakistan) and VABs (due to lack of Malaysian Condors) and because it's impossible to do proper "multination" faction, in game it's just US vs ARF. Flags also are around crashed Black Hawks.

However ALT AAS with more traditional layout would be nice to have.
robert357 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 11:30   #3
dcm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert357 View Post
STD AAS is based on the battle of Mogadishu that why there are Pattons (Pakistan) and VABs (due to lack of Malaysian Condors) and because it's impossible to do proper "multination" faction, in game it's just US vs ARF. Flags also are around crashed Black Hawks.
I did not know that. Still though, it plays pretty poorly.

You what ramiel aas needs? A different faction. You know who would play nicely in such close quarters? IDF.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-24, 20:15   #4
M4_UA

why are mortars not available for ARF in ANY layer? is it bug or feature?
M4_UA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-26, 14:55   #5
axytho
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_UA View Post
why are mortars not available for ARF in ANY layer? is it bug or feature?
The ARF as a faction does not seem to have acces to mortars. I'm guessing because mortars are maybe less commonly used in these conflicts?
axytho is offline Reply With Quote