project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2024-09-16, 12:33   #1
Flowright
Default PR failed to recognis DirectX9.0c because detecting newer version?

Hi all,

I have been trying to install Project Reality; upon loading the game, I was greeted with an error stating that my Directx9.0c dependency is missing.

I have proceeded to install the web installer via
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35

However, running it failed the installation because it says I have a newer DirectX version. Running dxdiag on Run shows that I have DirectX 12; which would be newer than 9.0c.

I have also tried to download, unzip the actual entire package via
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109
But the BF2 PR still fail to recognise it and it does not really fix the issue.

Does anyone know what is broken or know how to fix it?
Flowright is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-16, 22:09   #2
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR failed to recognis DirectX9.0c because detecting newer version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowright View Post
Hi all,

I have been trying to install Project Reality; upon loading the game, I was greeted with an error stating that my Directx9.0c dependency is missing.

I have proceeded to install the web installer via
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35

However, running it failed the installation because it says I have a newer DirectX version. Running dxdiag on Run shows that I have DirectX 12; which would be newer than 9.0c.

I have also tried to download, unzip the actual entire package via
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109
But the BF2 PR still fail to recognise it and it does not really fix the issue.

Does anyone know what is broken or know how to fix it?
DirectX versions are independent and not backwards compatible (without special translation software). To run DirectX 9c game you need GPU that supports DirectX feature level 9_3 and DirectX End-User Runtime software package. You can see what feature levels your GPU supports by checking dxdiag Display tab.

Do these in the order below until the game starts or you reach the end of the list. If Windows says a packages is already installed, just skip it and continue with the next step.
  1. Run launcher as administrator.
  2. Make sure your antivirus is not blocking prbf2.exe, prlauncher.exe, or the folder where they are installed in, or your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Project Reality folder.
  3. Download and install .NET Framework 4.7.2 Runtime.
  4. Download and install Visual C++ Redistributable.
  5. Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010), run it and give it a temporary folder for extracting files. Then go to that folder and run DXSETUP.exe.
  6. Download d3dx9_43.dll and copy it into your C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder, overwriting the file that might already be there.
  7. If your computer has both integrated and discrete GPUs, open Start -> Settings -> System -> Display -> Graphics. Then add desktop app prbf2.exe and set it to high performance with your discrete GPU.
  8. Disable ASLR by opening Start -> Settings -> Privacy & security -> Windows Security -> Open Windows Security. Then open App & browser control -> Exploit protection settings -> Program settings tab. Add prbf2.exe and press Edit, then override and turn off Mandatory ASLR and Bottom-up ASLR.
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-17, 10:42   #3
Flowright
Default Re: PR failed to recognise DirectX9.0c because detecting newer version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_nade View Post
[*]Download d3dx9_43.dll and copy it into your C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder, overwriting the file that might already be there.
Hi bad_nade,

Thanks for your post. Solution number 6, replacing the d3dx_43.dll in

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

was what actually worked for me! Thank you!
Flowright is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dependency, directx, error, startup