project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old Today, 20:08   #1
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default Re: Debug Assertion Failed Win 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cielo View Post
I have this issue on my new laptop with RTX 4050, It says when I run the game. "Debug Assertion Failed" I tried installing the C++ things and still don't get to run the game with this issue.
Do these in the order below until the game starts or you reach the end of the list. If Windows says a packages is already installed, just skip it and continue with the next step.
  1. Run launcher as administrator.
  2. Make sure your antivirus is not blocking prbf2.exe, prlauncher.exe, or the folder where they are installed in, or your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Project Reality folder.
  3. Download and install .NET Framework 4.7.2 Runtime.
  4. Download and install Visual C++ Redistributable.
  5. Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010), run it and give it a temporary folder for extracting files. Then go to that folder and run DXSETUP.exe.
  6. Download d3dx9_43.dll and copy it into your C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder, overwriting the file that might already be there.
  7. If your computer has both integrated and discrete GPUs, open Start -> Settings -> System -> Display -> Graphics. Then add desktop app prbf2.exe and set it to high performance with your discrete GPU.
  8. Disable ASLR by opening Start -> Settings -> Privacy & security -> Windows Security -> Open Windows Security. Then open App & browser control -> Exploit protection settings -> Program settings tab. Add prbf2.exe and press Edit, then override and turn off Mandatory ASLR and Bottom-up ASLR.
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote