project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-17, 03:30   #31
Rick_the_new_guy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranova
I like the idea of not letting the medic heal themselves. To prevent what you're saying, why not restrict players from picking up the medic kit from the ground. The only way to obtain the medic kit is to spawn as one. It's quite silly for the ordinary rifleman to pick up their fallen buddies medical equipment, and suddenly they become an instant medic.

_____

That would take care of it. I forgot how much scripting can be done with this mod. Good thinking man. I am supporting you on this. A wounded medic at best can put a filed dressing on them selfs.

You know, if we prevent the medic from healing itself, the sudden population of medics would drop something fierce...

Cool!!

Furthermore, it would require the medic to role play their kit better. Meaning, staying low and focusing just on healing and reviving. Sure, they help out with supressive fire here and there, but that is it tops.

In real life there are only one or two medics to an entire platoon.

What I would like to see would be a medic squad of about four medics/team. The SL will issue medics to grunt squads. Let's say, one medic per 2 full squads. The CO will let the grunt squads know what medic is assigned to them. The medic will hover around the two squads and look after them.
Due to the excellence of AAS v2, the grunt squads will be in closer together.

For good measure, we could create a medic support vehicle for them to drive around in. Sort of like the Engineer vehicle. Cool!

The medic SL will receive orders on were medic support is needed.

Medics should not be concerned about the assault or defense, just keeping their team healthy and alive. Keeping them in one squad will improve their manegment and allow them to communicate on who revives who. What I mean is they kill the enemy in order to defend the squad/s they are assign to. That is their objective.
Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 2007-02-17 at 03:40..
Old 2007-02-17, 04:00   #32
[T]Terranova7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_the_new_guy
_____

That would take care of it. I forgot how much scripting can be done with this mod. Good thinking man. I am supporting you on this. A wounded medic at best can put a filed dressing on them selfs.

You know, if we prevent the medic from healing itself, the sudden population of medics would drop something fierce...

Cool!!

Furthermore, it would require the medic to role play their kit better. Meaning, staying low and focusing just on healing and reviving. Sure, they help out with supressive fire here and there, but that is it tops.

In real life there are only one or two medics to an entire platoon.

What I would like to see would be a medic squad of about four medics/team. The SL will issue medics to grunt squads. Let's say, one medic per 2 full squads. The CO will let the grunt squads know what medic is assigned to them. The medic will hover around the two squads and look after them.
Due to the excellence of AAS v2, the grunt squads will be in closer together.

For good measure, we could create a medic support vehicle for them to drive around in. Sort of like the Engineer vehicle. Cool!

The medic SL will receive orders on were medic support is needed.

Medics should not be concerned about the assault or defense, just keeping their team healthy and alive. Keeping them in one squad will improve their manegment and allow them to communicate on who revives who. What I mean is they kill the enemy in order to defend the squad/s they are assign to. That is their objective.
Definately liking the idea of medical vehicles
Old 2007-02-17, 13:11   #33
Nephrmuus

There already are "medical vehicles" in-game. Any medic in a non-active position within a vehicle (so not crewman or even non-kit-based driver/MG positions) will auto-heal all those in the vehicle. It might be nice though, if you had an ambulance that could only be driven by a medic and only allow auto-healing in that particular vehicle rather than any APC or Humvee with a medic in. The precident has been set with the ammo and repair cars and I feel jealous of not having a fat ambulance all to myself ;P

Tags
corpsmen, jobs, plz