project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-17, 02:47   #21
ReaperMAC

I always wanted to see the Spec Ops with the skateboarder helmet. Maybe on urban type maps they could have it where as, say Mao Valley, they can get those camo-baseball hats.
Old 2007-02-17, 03:05   #22
Happy-n00b

If you want a realistic Spec ops hat, vary what they look like! Have one model with a boonie hat, another with a boarder hat, and another with a regular cap!
Old 2007-02-17, 03:45   #23
Maistros

My Coronado Map is going to use the SF SEAL models, well since Coronado is the SEAL HQ, haha.

Other than that, I would think it to be wise to change the SF look a bit. It's a simple skin job, and I'm going to take the initiative to change it a bit. Maybe you will see new models in the coming future, but I wouldn't promise anything. I can only offer the changes to the dev team.
Old 2007-02-17, 03:48   #24
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

[QUOTE=BlackwaterEddie]

LOL Hulk Hogan is at the back Right!
Soz, i HAD to

Thanks Miastros, Always taking one/giving one for the team

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Old 2007-02-17, 10:48   #25
.50_Action_Express

Ok guys,

I only wanted to say with this tread, that i would like to have other Skins for the Models.
Because the Vanilla Models are not pretty beautyfull, the Skins of the Rifleman of USMC look like all the same, every Rifleman look like the other.

and can you take the Glasses of the Spec-Ops before his Eyes, that would be look like better than on his Hat, please.

Thanks.

PS.: PR0.5 is the best MOD i´ve ever seen!
Old 2007-02-17, 12:32   #26
DirtyHarry88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy-n00b
If you want a realistic Spec ops hat, vary what they look like! Have one model with a boonie hat, another with a boarder hat, and another with a regular cap!
Yeah that's true as real special forces often choose parts of their equipment as a preference.
Old 2007-02-17, 16:45   #27
BlackwaterEddie

I agree that the entire USMC need a makeover, since PR is set in the future (i believe) their equipment looks out of date even now, example, alot of the USMC are wearing FLC vests, i believe these are still used but not as much now that new types of MOLLE vests and such are being introduced.

As for the Vanilla mentality, no, i havent ever seen a Sniper making a sizeable and important impact on the battlefield in PR or VBF2, Snipers are their to be force multipliers and to engage targets at a greater distance, they seem to do the latter very well on the servers, shame they arent picking off targets that could make an impact on the advance and effectiveness of the rest of their teammates, RPG armed infantry, Officers, Medics etc, the Snipers i see in servers do a number of things -

1) Find position way above the battlefield, usually on a Crane
2) Engage targets that are nowhere near the main fighting
3) Engage targets that would make little impact on the outcome of the game
4) Generally scorewhore

If you can show me a Sniper that helps a team and who contributes and/or responsible for the outcome (without the amount of tickets they have made the other team lose) then i will eat my hat and change my name to Biggles.
Old 2007-02-17, 17:50   #28
Eddie Baker
Banned

This has been discussed before. Please do a search.

Tags
models, usmc