project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-17, 17:00   #1
Gunwing
Default Some Ideas for PR

Hi there! I know I'm new and all but I got some ideas on how to make PR that much more fun!:

1. On maps that are supposed to be tank battles why are there so few tanks? I mean If your going to do a tank battle with the PLA you have to realise they have THE largest land army in the world. They would easly send in more than just 3 tanks, I would like to see on maps with the PLA attacking to have more than just one APC and one tank. I know this is about realism but comon where is the fun in a tank battle if there are only 6 tanks on the whole map!? BF2 was great because you could have 12 tanks on one map and then duke it out to see whos the best tanker around. If your not going to use more tanks on the maps we have now then please make some dedicated armor combat maps with like 3 APCs, and 5 tanks each team!

2. This is just a nip pick but the Type-95 Assault rifle should not have a full auto fire setting. The real gun only shoots in burst, or single shot modes. If you don't beleve me check out a site called: sinodefence.com they have the up to the second info on all PLA guns and vehicles. I check this site often to see whats new for the PLA land forces and air force. Another problem I have with this gun is that on the model you forgot to add the cocking lever located just under the top handel of the gun. This gun cocks there not on the side like your team has the animation set to do.
Last edited by Gunwing; 2007-02-17 at 17:09..
Old 2007-02-17, 17:08   #2
BlackwaterEddie

1. 3 tanks with 3 crew each, 9 men, formations that are tank friendly are usually in groups of 3, the Spearhead being an example, but what you have to remember is that not everyone wants to go around in a tank, some people would like to play as Infantry which isnt very fun when every tom, dick and harry has a M1A1.

2. I agree, i hate the gun as it is anyway, getting rid of full auto would balance it out.
Old 2007-02-17, 17:19   #3
Leo

I agree with the tank suggestion, I'd love to have a El Alamein style map with tanks just duking it out.
Old 2007-02-17, 18:26   #4
Wipeout

I think 10 tanks in one map can be done. Think about it, 2 men per tank, 20 persons using tanks, 3 men per tanks, 30 persons using tanks. Okay we have a 5-6 minute respawn on tanks, that means at anytime there will be about 10-20 ground personnel moving after the beginning. You know you will see blind tank rushes and heavy losses at certain points.

If I ever get to my map making.. You might see something..
Old 2007-02-17, 18:31   #5
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

on steel thunder there is like only 3 tank spawn points on 32, but each spawn point spawns around abouts 2 tanks each (with a delay between from when the 1st tank was moved off the spawn point), this means that if a team can keep there tanks alive they would infact soon have 6 tanks on the filed.

but ye, we are working on some more armour battles

Tags
ideas