project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-17, 21:54   #1
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Rag doll fall or Prone upon getting shot?

I searched for this thread, but couldnt find anything, hope it wasnt brought up before... something tells me, due to its simple nature, that it was brought up (and that it prolly received the "hardcoded in vbf2, cant be done" reply)

Is it possible to force the player to
a. go prone maybe 50% of the times he/she is hit by a round? maybe only 7.62 and sniper rounds? or to certain areas of the body?
or
b. force a temporary rag doll effect on them which would make them hit the ground, and then regive them control in the prone state?

I just find it unrealistic when running, I catch a round, and continue running to safety. If I was hit and knocked down, I'd most definitely be a lot more worried about my wound. And besides, it just makes sense... getting hit by a bullet=chance of losing balance, legs knocked out from under you, etc...
Old 2007-02-17, 21:55   #2
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

you mean to critically wound someone, then automatically revive them after a couple of seconds?

Old 2007-02-17, 22:03   #3
Wipeout

It's been discussed in the past.. And I believe it's impossible.
Old 2007-02-17, 22:17   #4
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

i more or less thought it would make sense that when you get hit, to maybe fall down. as opossed to just continuing running...
but, as wipeout says, its prolly impossible...

i wanted to in a way, forve the player to go prone, simulating getting knocked down... then immediately after, allowing him to get up... (or if you could make them rag doll fall to the gorund, then let them get back up...)

just thought of this while running around getting shot in Singleplayer... and watching that one sniper video on youtube...

Tags
doll, fall, prone, rag, shot