project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2007-03-11, 18:12   #1
Zanzibar
Default Connection issues

Ok folks. heres the deal. I'm playing PR right, and I can play for about 30 minutes, then I get booted to the menu. And a little box comes up and says

"You're connection to the server has been lost"

Ok, now heres the thing. I have a pretty low ping

I've tried wireless and cables. But it still says the damn thing all over again
i'm on a router as well

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

A concerned citizen.
Old 2007-03-11, 18:19   #2
TrevorTingTong

You most likely need to open the ports on the router to enable you to play PR. These are the orts you will need to forward in your router settings..

TCP Ports
4711, 27901, 28910, 29900, 29901
UDP Ports
1500-4999, 16567, 27900, 29900, 55123-55125
Old 2007-03-11, 18:26   #3
[EtE]Ryanplatt

or!!!

try disabling VOIP.. it worked for me! i kno this discourages teamplay, but its worth it considering
Old 2007-03-11, 19:22   #4
Zanzibar

This happens with BF2 aswell, i'll try the port thingy.
Old 2007-03-11, 19:28   #5
Zanzibar

ok so it turns out that i am hardwired straght into the Bell High Speed modem and it still happens...no additional router is being used.
Old 2007-05-22, 20:16   #6
(HUN)Rud3bwoy
Supporting Member

Well I also have problems with my connection but i didnt want to make a new thread about it, so i just hope that not just a few people will read it and someone can help me.

My problem is that most of the time when a map is fully loaded and I click on the "Join game" ( or join server i dont know right now) my connection is lost. Sometimes I can play for about 90 seconds and the same happens. The funny thing is that my connection is working perfectly, my download speed is around 350kb/s as usual, the pings i get when choosing a server are around 50-70 as usual, and this happens with vanilla BF2 also.

Today morning I installed a wireless card, but i had no problems with that, I could even play 2 whole rounds after installation, but now, about 10 hours later this happens.
The control center of the wireless card says that the link quality is 98-100%, signal strength is 63-72% and noise level is around 12%. Meaning that the results percentages did not go below or over the numbers I wrote down, and i watched it for about 15 minutes with and without using the internet...
If anyone know how to solve this pls let me know. Ill give a cokie for it

Tags
connection, issues