project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2007-07-02, 17:50   #181
{GD}Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipersGhost
It seems to me that Teamwork is naturally improving. Lonewolf playing leaves so incredibly vulnerable now. Longer engagements, better hitboxs, and slower movements done allow you to survive alone and cover all your bases. Man power+teamwork is truly way more effective these days and lonewolfing is just stupid for the most part. I love this, its like a natural tutor for the game. Guys run around on their own and die from no where etc...when they do squad up, then they get in good fire fights...survive longer and perform much better...plus they ultimately learn the game so much faster. Pretty soon we wont hear "What the hell is the shovel for?!?" anymore

Actually, what generally happens is that they jump on a server and go Ramboing it and die before they can fire a shot. After this happens several times, they pronounce this mod retarded and are never seen from again....LOL.
{GD}Ghost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 18:05   #182
VipersGhost

"I like" -Borat
VipersGhost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 18:46   #183
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

well said beer, ghost

and yea i agree with taxi: us testers and players who play too much spoil it cause we know how the map plays out all too often hehhe ^_^ i have alot of fun with new players joining the mod cause i really bust their balls lol

however with v0.6 there is so many new roles... CO support squad, all new CO position thats now very enjoyable, the jet pilots and support choppers, etc.

APC squads are actually useful now that everyone and their grandma dont have an AT weapon...

unfortunately im still finding a SEVERE lacking of organised infantry squads, so Im trying to show people how to effectively play as an infantry squad and stay for more than 10 seconds heheh
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 18:52   #184
Xmaster

<3 fuzzhead ^^
Xmaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 19:37   #185
{GD}Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead
well said beer, ghost

and yea i agree with taxi: us testers and players who play too much spoil it cause we know how the map plays out all too often hehhe ^_^ i have alot of fun with new players joining the mod cause i really bust their balls lol

however with v0.6 there is so many new roles... CO support squad, all new CO position thats now very enjoyable, the jet pilots and support choppers, etc.

APC squads are actually useful now that everyone and their grandma dont have an AT weapon...

unfortunately im still finding a SEVERE lacking of organised infantry squads, so Im trying to show people how to effectively play as an infantry squad and stay for more than 10 seconds heheh
Just don't bust their balls too badly. There are some new, potentially good players out there who may just have some difficulty with the learning curve (angle) at first.

Now if i give out some tips and suggestions to a player that seems new to the mod and I start getting some rude back talk, then that's when the ball busting begins because they don't care about actually learning the mod.
{GD}Ghost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 22:50   #186
Optix

I shall have to hop onto the TG server and see if I can get into a good game, taking on board the advice that a ping in the 200+ range is not so bad for PRMM. I've played DoD on US servers with much success (some of my best playing experiences in that game) so I look forward to playing with my Yank brethren.
Optix is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
level, rising, smacktard