project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-07-03, 03:29   #81
SpartanofShadows

Hm WZ-9 looks like its hard to get in. Will there be seating for more than 2?
Old 2007-07-03, 10:15   #82
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Will this model actually be put in at any point? The PLA already have their LB equivelant, but this would, imo, be a rather good bird for them as they could also have a pure little "gunship" (I would imagine that those missiles are AA or AT weapons) as well as a pure little transport like the LB with side boards in addition to the gunship/transport hybrid they use at the moment, with the different birds being in depending on the situation.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 2007-07-07, 00:36   #83
Gunwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Marley
Will this model actually be put in at any point? The PLA already have their LB equivelant, but this would, imo, be a rather good bird for them as they could also have a pure little "gunship" (I would imagine that those missiles are AA or AT weapons) as well as a pure little transport like the LB with side boards in addition to the gunship/transport hybrid they use at the moment, with the different birds being in depending on the situation.

Um................ The WZ-9/Z-9 is a troop transport/assault chopper. It's not a little bird. Take a look here if you don't beleve me:

http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/...-attack_09.asp

Please research before you ask about things you don't know next time...............
Old 2007-07-07, 01:11   #84
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

My point is that it would be a good base for a PLA equivelant to the LB, as far as armament goes. It may not be didiest of birds, but its no full gunship either. The closest it would probubly be to any US bird that might be in the Mod is the Huey or lynx. But they're not in yet and the closest in game examples are the LB "gunships" with miniguns or miniguns/rockets. And it would also be more flexible than the LB gunships, as as far as I can tell the cabin can still be used while the helo is armed.

And in comparison with the cow, everything is a little bird

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 2007-07-10, 18:20   #85
strima
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunwing
Please research before you ask about things you don't know next time...............

I think that's why he was asking!!!!

Tags
chinese, helicopter, model, wip, z9 or wz9