Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2008-02-20, 02:31   #1
unrealalex
Default MD5Error while installing BF2.

I'm not sure what to do, as I'm installing it gives me an MD5Error
"MD5Error: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels\Daqing_oilfields\client.zip"
Abort or Retry?

Retry doesn't work =/
I'm going to try reinstalling one more time, through a different method, hopefully it will work.
Old 2008-02-20, 13:04   #2
SnipingCoward

unfortunatly u will have to abort and redownload from a link of this website

you can try and use FreeDownloadManager (FDM), GetRight, or a torrent downloader like uTorrent, or a different tool to "continue" the download - thus fixing it, without having to fully download it again

you probably downloaded via modjive - but their download is broken
if not you pobably just got a broken file, u will need to redownload it anyways

also check this, to make sure ur installing the right way: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...formation.html
Old 2008-02-20, 19:29   #3
kjakan24

I had this problem a while ago. For me, the problem was some bad RAM. I had to remove it in order to patch up/install BF2. Overclocked systems may also be problemtic so make sure your're not.
Old 2008-02-20, 19:59   #4
Rico11b

Remove all MODS and BF2, then delete the EA GAMES folder in Program files. Delete everything left behind on the Hard drive. Also go into My Documents and delete any and all Battlefield stuff in there. You want to get rid of everything and clean up the hard drive to make it seem as though BF2 was never on your PC. If you wanna backup your usersettings files, that's up to you, but I would just wipe them out and start over from scratch. Then Defrag, and reboot. Install BF2 from scratch, and apply the full 1.41 patch. Then install PR. Don't forget your password and login ID so you can re-create your account and settings from scratch. Worked like a charm for me. Nothing better than a fresh clean start.

Good luck
R
Old 2008-02-21, 07:50   #5
unrealalex

i got it to work, redownloaded the ISO(got my own cd key, just no CD), deleted temp files and it worked.

Tags
bf2, installing, md5error