project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-03-03, 21:03   #1
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Default No more satisfaction in playing...

So every time I hop on PR, map starts, everyone gets in their own squads and then no commander. The text is full WE NEED A COMMANDERZOR and such and I apply. Then I spend 2 hours sitting at my PC commanding some peeps across the internet, pull my hair out at the blue mob moments, putting down markers and relaying messages.

Usually an enemy squad or a solo spec op makes my day "nicer" with constant harassing of the command post or random enemies pop up out of nowhere, because they took a truck, flipped it over into a canyon and it just had to happen near a fire base, bunker or the base flag, so they decided to "drop in".

Other times I join a squad, SL assigns everyone kits, then asks "medic, any volunteers?" and everyone shuts up. I used to say "ok, I'll be one" but now, everyone seems to go "Hello Outlaw(z), please be medic, thanks" then goes on assigning the rest their SAWs and marksman rifles.

On Kufrah, I wanted to make a 3-man tank squad after I switched to GB, since good MEC team or bad, GB always wins it for some reason.

But it just had to happen, that there was already two armor squads and some random soloers that took the rest and I went commander again, because no one else could be arsed.

So then I join Zatar today, US team, with a bunch of locked HELI, CHOPPA etc. squads.

US is down to Airfield flag due the rampant T90s that wipe off anything that moves.
No one gives a damn, I see tons of marksmen and snipers that get naded when MEC gets close, a Spec OP with M4 shooting at an enemy 400 m away and the crown of it all, the bunker which gets blown up by the tank, which is immediately C4d, since he stops to shoot it, then there is 4 people around the bunker, that don't even move and just idle there for some reason.

Next map Daqing, USMC, I'm in a squad that goes to West OI as we lose Refinery. While we hold at the neutral flag, the entire team cannot capture Refinery, the commander deploys a fire base which never gets built.
After losing 60 tickets due bleed, they finally manage to capture Refinery as the SL deploys a RP north of West OI, which gets overrun by the PLA, while I tell him to pull back, since they got us trapped. Doesn't happen, I get headshotted by someone prone diving on me with full auto on, then the squad dissolves.

I take lead and the two SMs with VoIP leave after few minutes and I'm left with 4 medics and a bunker to be built. They keep saying "I don't have a shovel" while I tell them to take a SAW or L-AT and they don't listen and just stand there confused.

Random PLA start pouring in from the fence holes and no one notices them at all, until they open fire. Good thing I had AA set up to blast them out. I almost get knifed off the AA as a ninja engineer jumps out of a container where 3 US guys went past 20 seconds earlier.

Disgusted by the lack of situational awareness and lack of logical and common sense I leave.

I go on Kashan, MEC team, armor squads are up so I take a Tunguska only to be lazed by some nerdy spec op and the A10 takes me out of nowhere. When I respawn I realize that all the armor is dead, the MEC at South Bunker get overrun by an APC that glitched into the bunker complex using the east gate and the game is basically lost again for MEC.

Whenever I play Jabal, the MEC always loses completely, since the US get the advantage of having the Dam flag set up on the helipad so BHs can land there and MEC has to make their way up there, while they also get TOW humvees which I never seen used, since the BTRs always get taken out by AT troops. Eve if MEC can get to beaches, they have to capture East Beach which is practically impossible due the terrain.

One game as MEC I was gunning the BTR and the driver was a nutcase running around the APC like a complete idiot, then a US engineer drives a Humvee into the APC, bails out, C4s me and blows me up. Yay for the US.

Basically in short: whenever I join a squad, I always have to be a medic due 1.) no one wanting it 2.) no one is smart enough to properly use it.
Or I have to go commander and ruin my day.
I get killed by a scoped rifle or a jeep all the time. If I'm in a vehicle I get AT'd or killed by a stronger vehicle. If I'm in that stronger vehicle I get killed by the uber-pwn jets and helicopters, and if I'm in a helicopter I always get shot down.
Thats in transport helicopters, because I haven't even got a chance to fly on a live game with an attack chopper or jet.
If I get on an opfor team I usually spend 2 hours waiting for the round to be lost, so I can move on. If I get on a GB/US team I can have fun killing tons of enemies, but the general rules of incompetent squads and commanders still apply.

PR isn't fun or satisfying for me anymore; it's more like job with tons of idiots around you you have to deal with every day and the enemy team which makes sure you commute and respawn more than actually play.

I can hop on CoD4 SP, play a mission which lasts like 10 minutes on Veteran difficulty, see some scenes and events and I'm satisfied for the day.
I can play PR for 5 hours straight and see like 1 or 2 maps and at the end I quit the game annoyed or angered and hate myself for even deciding to go play, when I knew that the same story will happen over and over again...

I even found a PC version of a Nintendo game with of course MS paint graphics I used to play and had more fun moving some badly drawn soldiers and tanks through a pixelated 2D world than commanding a team on PR.

I don't know, I hated 0.6 at it's end and couldn't wait for 0.7 when people stop spawning out of APCs, now I can't wait for something else to come along, because I'm already fed up with 0.7

Last edited by [R-DEV]Outlawz7; 2008-03-03 at 21:09..
Old 2008-03-03, 21:15   #2
=Romagnolo=

I feel almost the same, but I still have some good times playing with my clan, because we work with team-work. But, when I play alone with radom players, I need to breath deep to keep playing.

The 0.7 game-play ins fantastic in my opinion, but the actual variety of maps is one of the causes that sometimes make me stop playing PR and do something else.

Please, I'm not blaming the devs or the mod, it is my favorite mod/game ever, but the bad games are getting a litte more often.
Old 2008-03-03, 21:28   #3
Wellink

Wel if you no longer like the game move on, to me it seems like you have bad luck or something because I never end up dead in a tank. To me PR is the best game ever made can't think of a game where I have seen so much teamwork as in this one maybe you just join the wrong servers because I find 0.7 to have the most teamwork of all the versions I have played.
Old 2008-03-03, 21:34   #4
Farks

I feel the same way as Outlawz. I barley play PR public anymore due to the lack of good players, I'm so glad that I joined the tourney where you still can have fun. Back in 0.4 and 0.5, the majority of the players were still interested in using tactics and firepower to win, because that's where the fun is in PR. I think PR gets better with every version, but the players gets worse.
Old 2008-03-03, 21:51   #5
Cheeseman
Retired PR Developer

When you bring CoD4 on the table I don't think I can take your post to the same degree as it's meant to be brought forward. I purchased CoD4 the week it came out and that game single or multiplayer lacks both realism and teamwork. Hell that game is more arcade than Pac-man. I only play CoD4 when I don't feel like having to wait for the long load times of the BF2 engine, other than that I find PR to be the only game I've ever played to provide such powerful use of teamwork and tactics. CoD4 is more or less same as Counter Strike, were you constantly run and gun, get teamkilled or spawn killed more than actually accomplishing something. Reading through your post I respect the feedback you're providing to the developers and the community, but I feel that maybe you're absolutely right, maybe what attracted you to PR in the first place was the shiny new toys to play with and some minor changes you could dealt with until all the play time was done. Whatever it was PR is probably not the game for you. Some like the fast-paced games such as CoD4 or CS and I don't blame them, but if you want reality PR is one of the only games that will provide you with that sense.
Old 2008-03-03, 22:02   #6
NickO

This thread isnt about COD4 as far as I can tell cheese xD

Outlawz get on our TS more not the PRT one ^^
Old 2008-03-03, 22:06   #7
Razick

Thats why I never play a new release extensively for at least two to three months because thats when the majority of the idiotic "blue mob" decides to leave. You would think with this huge change to gameplay for realism would deter the majority of the arcade BF2 players but no, it doesn't.

I think the reason its like that in the first few months its because this is a BF2 mod and naturally BF2 players will migrate. They would like the easy kills and lethal vehicles and stay for that reason. Problem is that they stubbornly try to play this as an arcade game and wouldnt know the difference between military tactics and a gay bar dance routine.

Thats why the blue mob exists and why you have all those impatient ppl that would rather sprint everywhere and die 15 times than walk and die once. You ask for some suppression and what do you get "Suppress that ridge, hey...hey! where are going? We're over here numb nuts your going the wrong way. No shoot them! Thanks were all dead now!........Dumbass 93 has been kicked from the squad"
Old 2008-03-03, 22:07   #8
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

The greatest games in PR for me occur less than 3 weeks before the next release. When i mean greatest, i really mean perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razick View Post
You ask for some suppression and what do you get "Suppress that ridge, hey...hey! where are going? We're over here numb nuts your going the wrong way. No shoot them! Thanks were all dead now!........Dumbass 93 has been kicked from the squad"
LOL, nice to know i am not suffering along!

However thnks to Mongol, Super, Kong and some others for a sick 10 min game on Darking OIL!
Last edited by Top_Cat_AxJnAt; 2008-03-03 at 22:15..
Old 2008-03-03, 22:12   #9
Waaah_Wah
Banned

@OP

All i see is lots of whining:/ Seriously, i wonder what server ppl play on, coz i have a decent game pretty much everytime i play
Last edited by Wasteland; 2008-03-04 at 01:03.. Reason: no need to quote the entire OP for such a tiny reply
Old 2008-03-03, 22:21   #10
Cheeseman
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickO View Post
This thread isnt about COD4 as far as I can tell cheese xD

Outlawz get on our TS more not the PRT one ^^
No, but when he decides to compare the two in his post I have to constitute on those bases why he might find CoD4 to be "fun" in comparison to PR.

Tags
playing, satisfaction