project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2008-08-15, 12:54   #1
vilhelm123
Default Anti Smacktard idea

A new tactic of smacktards is to drive at a player and change seats just before they hit them so as it will not come up as a teamkill. Would it be possible to add about a second of delay between changing seats? This would have almost no impact on normal players and also works a realistic feature as well (because irl you can't just teleport to a seat ). This would mean that the teamkills would come up and allowing admins to quickly deal with the idiots seeking to ruin our fun .
vilhelm123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 13:04   #2
Tirak

Default Re: Anti Smacktard idea

Seems minor enough, supported unless someone can give me a good reason otherwise.
Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 13:34   #3
lSurfer

I think its a great idea.
lSurfer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 13:43   #4
HughJass

wait, how? You mean you can't switch back for X seconds?

Because if its that, then your fixing nothing....
HughJass is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 14:00   #5
google

I guess, it's realistic, but it just be kind of annoying. Also, it wouldn't prevent the smacktard "tactic" of which you spoke because the smacktard would simply have to switch seats earlier.
google is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 14:48   #6
Conman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by google View Post
I guess, it's realistic, but it just be kind of annoying. Also, it wouldn't prevent the smacktard "tactic" of which you spoke because the smacktard would simply have to switch seats earlier.
i think wahtc should happen is as soon as some one presses f2 for example the car should start loosingmomentum but he should still stay in the f1 seat for like 2 or 3 seconds
Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 15:00   #7
gazzthompson

best anti smacktard is to ignore them and not make threads like this.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 15:04   #8
Waaah_Wah
Banned

This would be annoying... But if it can be done, i agree
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 16:17   #9
Duende

Great idea, in adition with conman idea, it could make de guy be punished by a tk.

If you change your seat the vehicle stops moving, if you add some seconds to change seats, you cant hit anything, or staying in that seat you hit the other felows and you can be punished for a tk.

Or be banned of the server depending on their rules.
Duende is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 16:20   #10
Jaitara_X

I think it would actually be a very good idea to add an enter/exit delay. It seems kind of odd that an APC can drive by a squad at 10 mph, have them all enter the rear hatch instantaneously, then drop them off later within a fraction of a second halfway across the map. Plus, a guy who's next to a Vodnik wouldn't realistically be able to get in, start the engine, and floor it within half a second. Though I suppose that a delay to start it up (like in the APCs and the .50 cal seat) would work just as nicely :P
Jaitara_X is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
anti, idea, smacktard, smacktards