project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-30, 01:00   #11
Ondskan
Banned
Default Re: "SPAM" KICKING GOTTA GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]strima View Post
First of all calm down.

The spam settings are controlled on the server side so if you have a problem with a specific server take it to their forum. Each server owner has their own rules so try and find a server that suits you.
If you're not going to be bothered to read the thread then don't post in it. Same as not addressing the question but using strawmen. Seriously...What the hell is up with people that have to post in threads in which they cannot say anything relevant.
Old 2008-11-30, 01:10   #12
Waaah_Wah
Banned

The scripts are probably, like Robbeh said very simple and cannot distinguish between all, team and squad chat.

So the ultimate answer is:

Turn on the mic boost and talk quetly. Im sure that your English isnt THAT terrible and people will actually understand you.
Old 2008-11-30, 01:14   #13
Robbeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondskan View Post
If you're not going to be bothered to read the thread then don't post in it. Same as not addressing the question but using strawmen. Seriously...What the hell is up with people that have to post in threads in which they cannot say anything relevant.
Firstly you need to chill out, attitude like that is going to get the topic locked and you banned...

Back on topic, the text scripts cant tell the difference between squad, team and all chat, so to stop people spamming it has to be applied to all of them.
VOIP on the other hand is only heard within the squad, therefore if you have some tit spamming static down the mic the squadleader has the option to kick the guy, which effectivly is the same as your anti spam script.
Old 2008-11-30, 01:21   #14
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

Hey, relevence or not...using a mic is very important, specially if your leading a squad.
I remember i was in a squad with you as SL (Stolt Yugoslav right).
I joined late but you said hi. I thought great..
but than i noticed the squad was also very silent.
We got contact and i´m yelling out positions but you and the rest of the squad was still quiet.
After a while i finaly noticed that you were calling out enemies on chat.
I don´t know if the rest of the squad ever noticed, but we eventually got whiped out.
We respawn at a firebase and move to new flag.
Same thing happens. Total confusion and we get whiped out again.
I left the squad (sorry).

I don`t know if this squad were full of noobs or whatever but i think you have to lead by example, if you don´t talk, the squad won´t talk. If you don´t call out enemies, your squadmembers won´t either. And calling out enemies is just one of many things squadleaders should do with their voice.
Setting strategis, telling members who does what, what kits the squad should have. Even to help new pr-guys out is kind of the SL responsibility.
When you refuse to use a mic u can´t do any of this, not effectivly anyways.
So in the future, don´t try to lead a squad without a mic, please.

Old 2008-11-30, 02:06   #15
Ondskan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mj Pain View Post
Hey, relevence or not...using a mic is very important, specially if your leading a squad.
I remember i was in a squad with you as SL (Stolt Yugoslav right).
I joined late but you said hi. I thought great..
but than i noticed the squad was also very silent.
We got contact and i´m yelling out positions but you and the rest of the squad was still quiet.
After a while i finaly noticed that you were calling out enemies on chat.
I don´t know if the rest of the squad ever noticed, but we eventually got whiped out.
We respawn at a firebase and move to new flag.
Same thing happens. Total confusion and we get whiped out again.
I left the squad (sorry).

I don`t know if this squad were full of noobs or whatever but i think you have to lead by example, if you don´t talk, the squad won´t talk. If you don´t call out enemies, your squadmembers won´t either. And calling out enemies is just one of many things squadleaders should do with their voice.
Setting strategis, telling members who does what, what kits the squad should have. Even to help new pr-guys out is kind of the SL responsibility.
When you refuse to use a mic u can´t do any of this, not effectivly anyways.
So in the future, don´t try to lead a squad without a mic, please.
Dunno dude. I sometimes play serious and sometimes not. If you're not up for a relaxed game then don't join when my squads name is "noobsunited"
Otherwise my squad most often has the highest score~

Really this is a game for me and I play sometimes relaxed sometimes not. But that doesn't mean I or anyone ellse should get kicked for saying the same things you and I sometimes say in the mic. Just makes no sense and that's all what my post is about. Sorry if I look a bit mean or something but it's annoying when the point of the question is not adressed. If there's not much spam in VOIP why would it be in Squad Text chat? Why is so hard punishment on some servers?

Yep. That's all.

edit: Also if you're talking about the QINGU thing...the big map with Planes, tanks etc UK vs China then my squad had the highest score I think. It was me + 1 more in APC, 2 guys in bomber and 1 sniper.
You being there or not didn't really make a difference :P the team was set and we had our flow. I even talked in the mic. Can't remember your name tho so maybe it was some other time when I was fooling around.
Old 2008-11-30, 02:14   #16
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondskan View Post
BUT TO ACTUALY HAVE A SCRIPT RUNNING THAT KICKS PEOPLE FOR BEING GOOD TEAM MATES AND REPORTING DEGREES? GTFO...
Well I hate to break it to you but computers haven't reached the level were they can tell the difference from a spammer and a player. The filters not going any where. Its there for that reason. You just happen to trigger it because you look like a spammer....which happens.

I think you need to relies that with out a mic your teamplaying ability will NEVER be its fullness. The likely hood that your text will be seen with all the other clutter is slim.

Personally I wish the chat was removed all together. But with out inter squad leaders being able to communicate it needs to say.

On another note you need watch your language. Typing GTFO is just as bad as saying the whole word. So step the hell back and see it from other point of view and watch your attitude, and that goes for the rest of the one line comments. Don't post if its going to be a simple comment. With out a reason why you think that your just spamming the threads.

Before you continue, go back to the first page and read [R-DEV]bosco response.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Old 2008-11-30, 02:23   #17
Ondskan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]CodeRedFox View Post
Well I hate to break it to you but computers haven't reached the level were they can tell the difference from a spammer and a player. The filters not going any where. Its there for that reason. You just happen to trigger it because you look like a spammer....which happens.

I think you need to relies that with out a mic your teamplaying ability will NEVER be its fullness. The likely hood that your text will be seen with all the other clutter is slim.

Personally I wish the chat was removed all together. But with out inter squad leaders being able to communicate it needs to say.

On another note you need watch your language. Typing GTFO is just as bad as saying the whole word. So step the hell back and see it from other point of view and watch your attitude, and that goes for the rest of the one line comments. Don't post if its going to be a simple comment. With out a reason why you think that your just spamming the threads.

Before you continue, go back to the first page and read [R-DEV]bosco response.
Example of taking things to far and not thinking with your brain again.
If you claim I and others who dont always use our mic are at an disadvantage then making it harder (with the dracconian spam filter, again I support the minor that just blocks you for 31 sec) but actually suggesting to remove it completely then you accomplish nothing.

Oh well, either I or a few of you are completely not getting it. It's one thing to claim that the mic is better, its to me an idiotic thing to claim that those who don't use the mic shouldn't use anything or maybe even not play. I really don't get people like that. But maybe I'm the idiot from your point of view even though I cannot phantom what goes through your head when suggesting a thing like that.
Old 2008-11-30, 02:32   #18
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Well thats your opinion but we can shoot it right back "I really don't get people like that chat everything and dont use a mic". And seeing as you rather argue it here instead of with the links provided this is locked. Maybe change your attitude and start using YOUR brain. You will get a better response if you dont use LARGE letters and ignore Dev's advice.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Closed Thread

Tags
gotta, kicking, spam