project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2009-03-17, 14:29   #1
Payne1cav
Default Voip's...Again

Before I give my specs, I want to know if people have the same exact problem and what they did to fix it. I have searched the forums but havent found my problem.

1 My mic does work, I can test it an I can use it on Vent, TS and Mumbles. The Voip in Counter Strike worked as well.

2 I can go BF2VoiceSetup application an run the test. It works fine.

3 Start the game up, go to Audio Options and Voip is enabled. I can test it and it works.

4 I join a server, Voip might be working, it might not. If it is, I join a squad as fast as I can. I can hear others an they can hear me, but the longest I can get it to work is about 1 minute. It always cuts off.

5 When Voip shuts off, I back out of the server an check the BF2 Audio Options again. It is now disabled.

I can do this over an over and it always ends the same way. It leads me to guess that the game itself cuts Voip off. I dont know if thats even possible but I have checked for drivers, adjusted everything I could in the Windows Audio Options but its still the same result. I have had some strange anomalies where my Voip has worked once or twice in Vanilla BF2, where all of the sudden I could hear somebody in the middle of a game. But it was just for a few seconds. I would never hear it again.

Any thoughts or suggestions??
Old 2009-03-17, 14:49   #2
thepalerider

Arrow Re: Voip's...Again

Go back to Windows audio control panel
Open the Properties tab for each (mike & sound)
Open the Advanced tab
UNcheck
'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device'
and
'Give exclusive mode application priority'

I think that should do it.
Check all levels again and
'Get back to the fight!'
Old 2009-03-17, 17:40   #3
Payne1cav
Default Re: Voip's...Again

Ok I dont have those options. Im running Windows XP Home Edition 2002, Service Pack 3. I just tried uninstalling the game an it didnt work.

One more question Palerider, if all my other programs work with my mic, why in the world cant BF2 work with my mic? The problem has to be on the BF2 side, not my hardware/software, correct??
Old 2009-03-17, 18:11   #4
sakils2
Banned

I will post my problem here, I don't want to make another thread. *Sorry for hijacking*

I just bought Creative Fatal1ty headset. Joined a squad, they said my voice breaks up, it's disoriented (??). Sometimes people understand every word I say.

It can't be my mic, a lot of people said it's pretty good. So, I'm wondering is my sound card the problem? I have Realtek HD Audio output sound card.
Old 2009-03-18, 01:44   #5
Payne1cav

*Sorry for hijacking*

No prob Sakils, but I havent heard anything yet. Ok Im gonna make a new post, an Im willing to pay. Check for details.
Old 2009-03-19, 15:41   #6
Halfyon

Some Routers consider many udp connections at the same time, in my case it was 30+, as an Denial of Service assault and terminate the connection.

Just an idea, it worked for me, try to config your router to allow more than 63 udp connections or disable the routers firewall if there is no such setting.
Old 2009-03-19, 23:00   #7
thepalerider

Arrow Re: Voip's...Again

I've read Mumbles changes your audio mix, so you may be able to fix it to play nice with BF2

I haven't played with Mumbles yet,
but I like the idea.
Old 2009-03-19, 23:05   #8
Mad-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakils2 View Post
I will post my problem here, I don't want to make another thread. *Sorry for hijacking*

I just bought Creative Fatal1ty headset. Joined a squad, they said my voice breaks up, it's disoriented (??). Sometimes people understand every word I say.

It can't be my mic, a lot of people said it's pretty good. So, I'm wondering is my sound card the problem? I have Realtek HD Audio output sound card.
ive got realtek aswell and its happening to me , i bought a brand new headset and it wont work no matter what ive tryed
Old 2009-03-19, 23:33   #9
thepalerider

Have you used search for
Realtek HD Audio
Realtek HD sound card

I'm sure there are quite a few posts for tips and tricks and work arounds
I don't have one my self so I can't be of more help,
Sorry

Tags
voipagain